Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Full Weekend

What a weekend...seems like a whole week was packed into a 3 days weekend! Enzo's weekend was a little stressful as our smoke alarm started chirping...time for battery change...so he spent a portion of his weekend under the coffee table.  I did wonder if I should tell him that is a great choice in an earthquake...not so much in a fire.


I have enjoy sharing the quilting life with my DIL...although I have to say I am not very good at teaching beginning quilting...at this point in my quilting life I take a lot of short cuts, use creative rules and say "oh dang" a lot.  Not so good when teaching a new quilter! LOL...we have signed up for some Fall classes at the Stitchin' Post, Bali Bamboo Table runner and Jelly Roll Zinger which is going to be so much fun!  She is also going to learn beginning quilting with Laurie Thorn...who is a wonderful beginning quilting instructor!  A new quilter is born!


Marilyn at QuiltWorks has opened a new business!  An AirBnB in the Old Mill District of Bend.  And the best part is that she has set it up for quilters!!!  If you make a reservation by Oct. 7th (my birthday...although I am sure she didn't pick that day because of me, lol) you can reserve a room for $69!!! a night!!!  What a deal!!!  So check out AirBnB Bend, Oregon!




The First Friday at QuiltWorks was a wonderful evening.  I am most tickled about the Woolie Groups, Non-Woolie challenge as inspired by Sally Rogers!  We each made a quilt from the QuiltMania magazine pattern 100 au Carre.  100 1inch pieces in each block!  Of course our dear Blogless Sandy put hers on point...OMG is it ever gorgeous!


Enjoy the slide show...tomorrow I will have one of my quilts that hung in this months show :)

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Picture slideshow personalized with Smilebox

4 comments:

  1. Lovely slide show Anna, it is amazing to see how different your challenge quilts were set, some with sashing, some with cornerstones, appliqué borders not borders, almost as many variations as people who made them!

    Your feature artist display is lovely congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great turnout and I love the quilts! Must get to bend soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowsa! Lovely display and turnout of admirers. You and your sister are SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...loved those quilts! They were all amazing! I must pull out my Quiltmania magazines and find the pattern! Serious LOVE happening here!

    ReplyDelete