Friday, September 11, 2015

Folk Friday

Today is the beginning of the Sisters Folk Festival...3 days of musical bliss.  If you aren't planning on attending check out the link and think about next year...you won't be disappointed!

I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised at this movie...thought I would be bored or it would be lousy.  But, in fact both HH and I enjoyed watching.  It is an independent film so no big budget but some of these movies are the best...
I am definitely recommending this one.


I haven't been diving into a book this week...got totally hooked on The Moth!  It is a podcast and is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the art and craft of storytelling.  The producers of this podcast travel to distant corners to help the "every person" share in "standing room only venues" of their real life stories.  I have laughed, cried, been angered and stunned by the stories I have listened to and am in awe at humanity.


 This last week a group of quilters gathered for a day of stitching on the spur of the moment and Lynda brought her Yoko Saito Sunbonnet Sue's.  Her stitching is amazing!!!  I had to share them with you in this format so you could click on them to enlarge.  They are all so adorable!!!






have a wonderful weekend...mine will be filled with music :)

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the Lynda's blocks!! They are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Her fabric choices are lovely. I've seen some of Yoko's work in person. Lynne's work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the cutest Sunbonnet Sue's ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. not a fan of Sun Bonnet Sue, but Lynda's blocks sure take the ole little Miss Sue to a whole new level! nice job Lynda, and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. enjoy the festival!
    love the sun bonnets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the Lynda's blocks!! They are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Anna for the nice posting. What a surprise to see others enjoy my process.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Anna for the nice posting. What a surprise to see others enjoy my process.

    ReplyDelete