Wednesday, September 2, 2015

A Penny For Your Thoughts

Do you belong to a quilt group?  How long?  Does your group have rules?  It seems in the last couple of years I have noticed that a variety of different quilt groups have started to evolve and disband.  Members age, their lives change...family responsibilities increase or decrease...with aging comes retirement, change in the family structure.  Maybe an opportunity to travel or even move.   In pondering this it seems to me that life is moving forward and a certain flexibility is necessary to maintain a quilt group. What I do know is I have been in a "quilt relationship" with the most amazing quilters in a group setting.


I received an email from QuiltWorks...it is really happening...I get to share my quilts with the quilting community...and, my sister!!!  As luck would have it my sister is coming to town just in time to see my little show.  I hope those of you who are local can come by Friday evening!


I spent yesterday morning weeding my flower beds but by mid-day I was up in the sewing room.  I decided that I needed some immediate quilt satisfaction.  I had this table topper all cut out and then tucked it away in a time warp, lol.  I pulled it out and started stitching.  Chocolate was the theme of the fabric...yummm.  When I finished piecing it and laid it on the floor...I laughed...Enzo was the perfect table topper model...same color and everything!


Have a great Tuesday!

9 comments:

  1. Wish I could be there to enjoy this wonderful event with you and your sister Anna. Make sure to have lots of pictures taken to share with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I do not live in your neck of the woods. I would love to see your quilt show. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He doesn't look like a chocolate lab... LOL.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you love it and do great with your show!
    Have fun with your Sis!
    I love Enzo, he always makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thrilled when I saw you were the upcoming featured quilter! I'll be attending a PDX concert on Friday, but will make sure to see your quilts at Quiltworks this month. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to be with a quilt group. It was very relaxed and congenial, only one group project a year. Mostly we got together to chat and did all the work elsewhere. People got busy and like you say, their lives changed. I miss it a lot.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I told Annea and Carrie today that I will not be able to make it as have a concert Friday night. I was able to enjoy Bend mon thru today. Cant wait to see pics

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! how I'd love to go see your show! But I'm faaaar away! Anyway, I hope you have a grand time, and post pictures after the show.
    BTW you're my greatest unexpected experience in Sisters.
    http://hilachayretal.blogspot.com.es/2015/08/fructifero-verano-fruitful-summer.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh! I'm tracking you: snowy peaks, wet roads, portland...

      Delete