Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Tuesday Thoughts

I think quilting is the perfect medication for stress!  Whether it be job worries, money worries or family worries.  I am not talking just any quilting but quilting with a book on CD playing.  You really can't worry about anything when you are cutting wool leaves and your brain is wrapped up in trying to figure out who the murderer really is, LOL


I am heading to Woolies at QuiltWorks with my 2012 Primitive Gathering BOM ready to start stitching the border.  There are many trains of thoughts about how to prepare wool but I am a fuser because I travel with my wool projects and don't want to lose a wool leaf along the way. For the wool pieces I use Soft 'n Fuse.   On the back side of my blocks I use Pellon SF101 to help the flannel or cotton stand up to the wool.  When I went to add the setting triangles and outside border I realized that the flannel I was using was going to get all stretched out of shape because it was too large an area to use the SF101.  So, I baste stitched the entire outside edge...problem solved!


I am on countdown mode to September 4th...where I will be the featured quilter for the QuiltWorks Gallery show.  So nice of Marilyn to ask me and so I had to make sure I had labels on all my quilts, write up a little info on each one and today I am taking them to the shop.  It was fun seeing some old quilts...I have done a variety of quilts.  If you are in the neighborhood I would love to see you on Sept. 4th around 6:00 PM.  The group exhibit will the Woolie Non-Woolie Challenge!


Well, we finally made it to the last slide show from Quilt Knit Stitch...pheww...no wonder I was pooped at the end of the day!  Featured Quilter, Catherine Redford displayed a variety of her African Folklore Embroidery quilts.  There is a distinctive and color style to these quilts and pillows.  Enjoy the slide show and we'll see you back here tomorrow :)

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize your own picture slideshow

6 comments:

  1. Love the music you chose for the slideshow!

    Amazing work, love some of embroidery and quilting combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could go stitching with you and the groups, you would keep me motivated;) I need to make up some projects and I am want to do christmas pieces and gifts, so need to get my mojo back.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to be at your opening at Quiltworks but I will be in Amsterdam! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great music selection! Congrats on being featured artist at QuiltWorks! I know you will take some spectacular photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Evelyn's Album is looking good. I have mine hanging in our front entrance. Now I have to get motivated to work on Primitive Gatherings SBOW 2014.
    I would love to see your featured quilts at the Quiltworks Gallery Show in person but look forward to you featuring them on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could stop by to see your quilts...sounds so fun! Beautiful wool and stitching going on there!

    ReplyDelete