Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Quilt Knit Stitch, Vendor Mall

When I hear the words "Vendor Mall"  my heart starts skipping, my respiratory rate increases and my dreams become colorful!  All that potential...all those colors...all those UFO's waiting to be discovered!!  I wasn't sure if heading to Quilt Knit Stitch would happen...sometimes life can become filled with so many shoulds, needs and worries that you don't have to gumption to plan...but, the stars lined themselves up and off to Portland we went.  The highlight for Robin was meeting Marcia Derse! One of her favorite fabric designers.  Talk about a delightful person!  She loves to design and dye fabric and lucky for us is giving a presentation at the East of the Cascade Quilt Guild in Sisters next year!!!  


Her booth was a riot of color!


...but it is the designs within the designs...blended with the way she uses color that creates a palate that makes the imagination dream.


We spent one entire day at the vendor mall and quilt show...one of our favorite booths was the Medi-Rub!  After 4 hours in the vendor mall it was a wonderful break before moving on to the quilts!


I loved this pillow! and naturally decided I needed to make the entire quilt...Yoko...you slay me!!!


Enjoy visiting the vendor mall without spending a penny...not so lucky for me, lol.  We were there around 1030 on Friday and you will notice how few quilters were there shopping...it did pick up later in the day but I did understand why the show was moving on to a larger venue :(

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Slideshow customized with Smilebox

13 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice selection of vendors. What was the name of the booth you got the Yoko Saito piece. It looks a lot like A Threaded Needle from B.C.?

    So where is a picture of your purchases?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where was the wool or primitive booths?? Most were very modern and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yoko slays me too! Everything she makes is just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh...you sent me in a tizzy!! I was off like a dog chasing a rabbit!! Went to Willow Lane's Webpage...then off to their FB page!! LOVED it!! Thanks for getting the ol'heart pumping!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh...you sent me in a tizzy!! I was off like a dog chasing a rabbit!! Went to Willow Lane's Webpage...then off to their FB page!! LOVED it!! Thanks for getting the ol'heart pumping!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Sandi...very The WL is very similar to the Threaded Needle in Gibson's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha...take out that first 'very'!! I need to prof read...

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha...take out that first 'very'!! I need to prof read...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you checked out this blog...http://petitplus.exblog.jp/

    Gorgeous work...all hand pieced!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No wonder you get palpitations Anna - that looks like a whole ball of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Was that last slide for me?!? ROFL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Was that last slide for me?!? ROFL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The quilts were spectacular! We all know the depth and time it takes to create something like that -- well done! Mmmm....vendor mall. You failed to mention Robin's contribution to the Marcia booth. And I saw a panel I'm obsessed with finding now... :( Love!

    ReplyDelete