Thursday, August 27, 2015

Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa...

I think I may have to say 10 Our Fathers and 10 Hail Mary's because I may have just created a new quilter!!!...and, I liked it!  Of course, it is a little bit early to know and I would accept it...if it wasn't so...but, for now I am going to embrace the possibilities!!!  My youngest DIL thought she should give quilting a try since she lives in Quilt Country and we are after all related!!!!  Yesterday was spent together for her first quilt lesson...boy, does that ever have a musical sound to it!!! LOL

I explained the basics of quilting...quarter inch seam and accurate cutting.  We spent the morning talking about fabric, value...tone...color.  Then a baby quilt pattern was chosen and the fabrics decided upon from my stash.  It was interesting to revisit the basics of quilting...and to drag out all my novelty fabrics!!! OMG!!!  I need to start piecing again!

We took a break and had a field trip to the Stitchin' Post where Emily found a flannel roll of Christmas/Winter fabrics...her first pre-cuts!...I am so proud!


Guess who we ran into?!  Freddy Moran!! She was taking a class with Rosalie Dace???  The secret message in this is that you are never to set in your quilting ways to not challenge yourself, lol


I love this photo...Quilting Queen and Novice Quilter...
it is one of those special moments :)


As I said yesterday...anytime I step into a quilt shop I would share my favorite fabric.  Well, I lied...a whole new shipment of Kaffe cotton prints and wovens arrived...and...


...and fabulous solids to compliment them...how could I chose just one!?


Yesterday was such a gift and I highly recommend sharing your quilting love with a someone who has never quilted.  
It really reaffirms your own love of quilting.

4 comments:

  1. What a great day for your DIL, making new connections with you through quilting and meeting Freddy Moran. I've also met Freddy, she is such a lovely gracious creative lady.

    Your DIL almost looks like she could be related to Freddy!

    Enjoy the process of her new journey into the world of quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so wonderful and I wish my DIL would craft with me, but I never see her;) She is actually very artistic and have tried to get her to create patterns with me, but no interest, so hopefully I will find someone, someday who wants to learn and create.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. My youngest daughter became an avid quilter shortly after I bought her a sewing machine 2 years ago. Even after the purchase she still insisted that she would never be a quilter. Now she is totally hooked. I just spent 2 weeks in England going to a big quilt show with her and then giving lessons on things she wanted to learn.

    My heart sings when she emails me photos of her latest quilt. .

    Audrey Burrows (quiltbuddies)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna, there's nothing more fun than turning a dear one on to quilting!
    I adore Freddy Moran.. and it's so cool to see that she still takes classes!

    ReplyDelete