Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Jibber Jabber Wednesday

I tossed and turned Monday night...which resulted in waking up at 0400.  I haven't gotten up at 0400 since I retired!!  When I was working 4 am was my get up and go to the gym time which opened at 0430...then, off to work at 0530.  Boy, am I glad I don't have to get up at 0400 to go to work...but getting up at 0400 and heading to the quilting studio...and then being able to finish the quilting on a Civil War quilt...well, that is soooo worth it!

I am doing a lot more indoor activities since the forest fire smoke is so thick that my asthma is crying uncle!  I finish a book recommended by Cottons 'n Wool and my friend Lori, The Nightingale.  I can't stress enough...everyone should read this beautifully written book about 2 sisters in France during the Nazi occupation.


...on the flip side...I would not recommend spending big bucks to see this movie at the theater.  It was ketchy and fun but not worth the big screen movie bucks.


Don't forget the Give Away...just a couple more days to sign up!  In the meantime here is the 1st slide show of the Quilt Knit Stitch event...Enjoy!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a free slideshow

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures of the quilts at the show.

    I have that Primitive Gatherings quilt with the crows and garden theme. I'm collecting wools and backgrounds. I saw it appropriately at the quilt shop Something to Crow About in Springfield Oregon and fell in loved it. They only had one block available for sale unfortunately. But soon....maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of people have been recommending that book. My husband refuses to go see UNCLE since they dont even have the original actors as cameos! LOL

    ReplyDelete