Thursday, August 6, 2015

Feeling the Mojo

I think the cure for a lack of stitching in one's life is to hang out with other stitchers...you can feel the mojo seeping back in!  I had some stuff to do in Bend and decided to include some stitching.  Linda, who is the embroidery Guru of Bend moderates an embroidery group at Sew Many Quilts.  This group is totally casual and so there are all manner of stitchers including cross stitch!  

I had to include a photo of this clever idea that one of the gals shared with her cross stitch.  As we age...(don't you hate hearing that from your doctor!!!)...But, as we age it gets harder and harder to keep track of the grid on cross stitch.  Solution...mark a grid with the quilt marking pen that disappears with steam!!!  Duh...how easy is that!!!


Yes!!!!....I am still working on this projects but it is going to get done this year!!!  Maybe not by this Halloween but at least this year.  This is the only project I am going to bring to the embroidery group until it is done!!!


Before you start the slide show I want to share 2 things with you...First, the sign ups have begun for Santa's Workshop at Sew Many Quilts which will be held on Dec. 5th.  You will be supplied with all the materials needed to make 3 wonderful projects...snacks, lunch and a bag full of quilty goodies!!!  If you want to have fun with us be sure to call up the shop and sign up for this day of fun!!

Also this is the last 24 hours to sign up for the Give Away just click on the link, leave a comment you are interested and please click on the button "Join this Site".  See you tomorrow!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free photo slideshow customized with Smilebox

5 comments:

  1. Every little bit helps, what a great idea to add the grid. I could have used that years ago when I did cross stitch. I love the witches boot, I just finished a simple boot stitchery that has been a UFO for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice projects and tons of eye candy in that shop!! Lucky YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved the box!
    never can pick a favorite!
    that grid idea!
    fabulous, I need to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marking the grids is a good idea, I can't see the holes, but haven't tried with my glasses. I have enough to keep up with, so cross stitch is not on the list for now;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the video... even more than I normally do!! I saw soo many good things in there... I want to find out about some of those patterns!! Really liked the Among the Forest embroidered quilt.. that mini quilt with the spools and sewing machine appliqued... and that flag quilt?! SOO PRETTY!! Thanks for always sharing your adventures with us!!

    ReplyDelete