Wednesday, July 29, 2015

SnowMan Day

This quote really struck me today.  I think you can't make the most out of everyday unless you are accepting of the present place you are.  
Join me in being Happy :)


It was so wonderful being with the Woolies yesterday...it had been too long!!!  It seemed that Snowman was the motif of the day...as there were several quilters stitching away on them, LOL...dreaming of winter??? NO WAY!  We still have a slice of summer left and then there is Fall...my favorite season.  

Nancy is thinking of Halloween!

Lori is just about done with her wool creation and it is adorable!

Marilyn's life's work is to finish her Sue Spargo circles

Anne was working on her latest row project and I loved the raccoon!

Lori brought some show 'n tell...I still need to make this pillow...
it's on my project list.

...here are more snow men...

...and the more there are the cuter they become!

...A whole bunch of snowmen from a BunnyHill quilt!

 I noticed that most of the group pinned their snowmen...
me, I fuse mine down before stitching!

Mary brought us back out of the snow with her wonderful 
2013 BOW from Primitive Gathering

Hope today includes a little stitching...it shocked me to hear that Anne hadn't picked up a needle or thread in over a month!!!  I think I would need medication if that happened to me!!!

8 comments:

  1. I believe that and live in the moment for now;)
    Fun wool projects, I need to get some pieces ready to sew for our trips, too hot to be outside today.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quote, definitely something to take to heart.

    I'm also a pinner, I don't like fusing my wool I find it makes for a flatter piece. I will admit I'm fusing my 2014 Sunflower Gatherings quilt as some of the pieces are so small. I did a bit of stitching on my Sue Spargo piece yesterday also. Slow stitching is the best thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a reprieve today from an airport run, so instead I can spend the day sewing! Between making baby ragg quilts for the Big Bear quilt guild, and my tumblers, both of my machines are getting a good workout and I'm a very happy camper! Best part is I don't have to go out in the heat and humidity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quote! The snowmen are all so cute...I need to get out some fall & winter projects to finish before the pumpkins & snowflakes arrive. I don't pin either...get stuck full of holes when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a good quote to live by. All the blocks are looking good. I too fuse down my pieces

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful projects...and what is it about snowmen that warms the heart...even in the middle of Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely projects that the woollies are working on. I fuse my wool pieces too and I have two blocks of the BOW 2013 finished but the rest will have to wait until fall. I have a few other projects to finish first....................

    ReplyDelete