Monday, July 20, 2015

Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show Part One & a Goodbye

It is always a shock when someone leaves this world behind...even when you have seen the decline.  Another quilt angel was born as a quilter left this earth last weekend.  JoAnn was a quilting force.  I have been quilting with her for over 20 years.  Watching her make quilts for her family...including a precious great granddaughter.  She has watched my children grow up and since there were no grandparents locally she was one of my youngest sons Fairy Godmothers.  Passionate in all that she believed in...there was no swaying her.  At Hospice House I couldn't help but try and get a response out of her by telling her the Material Girls and Woolies loved her and now that she couldn't attend I thought there might be more Democrats than Republicans.  As I leaned in close to hear what she was saying...she said...I love you guys too and that was too bad about the Republicans.  

I will miss you JoAnn.


I didn't have the heart to start a Give Away today and so will post it tomorrow.  It is a spectacular one and so I hope you will check back manana.  For today enjoy part one of the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show.  I decided to break up the slide show into multiple segments so you would get a cramp sitting and viewing the quilts.  You can stop the slide show anytime you want to take a longer look.  See you tomorrow!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free picture slideshow personalized with Smilebox

22 comments:

  1. I am sorry for the loss of a friend. How wonderful that you were able to visit her in hospice. That will mean a lot as you remember this woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about the loss of your friend... so sad to lose those we love and care about.

    Thank you for the quilty pics :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna, JoAnn sound like she was quite a force to reckon with, may your memories of her be with you always. Thanks for sharing a peek of who she was with us.

    Lovely slideshow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pictures of the quilts. Thank you for taking the time for them. So sorry for the loss of your friend. Our quilter friends are so precious to us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for the loss of your dear friend, it is always difficult when we loose people we love. Prayers to all

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry you've lost your friend & Fairy Grandmother. Just her smile tells me what a warm, loving presence she was. When you need a Quilty Angel, I'm sure she'll be right there with you. Thank you for posting pictures of the quilt show for those of us who couldn't make it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I'm so sorry to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very sorry that your friend has passed away, it sounds like you have many fond memories to reflection. Take care💗

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry to read that you lost not only a good friend, but a Fairy Godmother too! I'm sure she is now keeping an eye on you and yours. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry for your lost of a dear and longtime friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend...I know you will miss her always. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry Anna. It is hard to lose your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's never easy saying goodbye, no matter how many times we must do it. She'll stay in your heart forever though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A special lady for you and your family...

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry to hear about your special friend. We just lost one from our guild. I will miss her. She was the first one who greeted me and made me feel welcome into the guild. I know you will cherish all the years you spent together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am sorry to hear about your friend, finding someone who loves quilting as much as we do and also a friend in life, is rare.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very sorry to hear that your friend has passed. I'm sure she arrived in grand style with a project (or two) in her hands. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. so sorry you have lost your friend, and special grand! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet friend. It sounds like she had a great sense of humor and will be missed by many. xo

    ReplyDelete