Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show, Part 3 + more :)

I have been plugging away a project that addresses the fact that mini quilt does not mean easy quilt!  With over 200 blocks that finish at 3/4 of an inch I definitely learned that lesson!!!  How do you make a quilt top that will finish at 24 inches square and filled with a gazillion 3/4 inch blocks lie flat???  With Flatter!!!  I discovered this product at the Stitchin' Post Quilters Affair.  It really is amazing!  You just spray your product and iron...it really does make your blocks lie flat :)


Although this is the last slide show for the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show I still have a few more up my sleeve :)  I hope you have enjoyed this journey and will continue hanging out with me.  

Don't forget to leave a comment on the Give Away that you are interested and have registered as a follower of the Woolie blog.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free photo slideshow generated with Smilebox

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for the great slide show. It was nice for those of us who couldn't make it. Great coverage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is an amazing show and love being able to see the quilts since it is too far away.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw "FLATTER" at a quilt shop in SLC this past weekend.. wasn't sure how to use it or if it was any better than the other linen sprays.. ?! what do you think?! did you like it better?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter got me a bottle of Flatter and it really did make the block flatter but I got an allergic reaction...sore throat and watering burning eyes(it was scented). I will try the unscented and see if that will be better.
    Nice to see some traditional quilts mixed in with all the modern! Yikes...the modern movement is taking over!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa baby that is a lot of itty bitty pieces, but sew pretty.

    Is there any difference between Best Press and Flatter?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you included a photo of the Garden Lady quilt made by Sharon Anglea. She was a wonderful friend and quilter. Unfortunately she died a few days before Christmas after a two year battle with Cancer. Jean Wells and I rounded up her quilts including finishing the one on her design wall and put them together in a group for Quilt Show. Her entire family spread out over the United States, came to see the tribute to her creative talents that hung across the Hens Tooth and Paper Place. She is greatly missed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Janet you and Jean are such Angels and truly are what quilt friends are all about!

      Delete