Friday, July 31, 2015

Last Day of July + a Winner


I hope you have a wonderful weekend...the first in August...can you believe it!  I know I will because we met my DIL half way at Detroit Lake and got to bring our oldest grandson home with us.  The little guys is staying home this trip...cause it is all about the big brother.  He has finally gotten taller than me!!! and is heading into the 8th grade.  Time really is flying!  It is funny how he is getting older and I am staying the same, LOL.


It was so hot yesterday that we walked down to the frozen yogurt place.  Lo and behold there was a sponsor quilt hanging in their!  Sweet!!!  Byron looked up and said, "What's with all the squares? LOL


Last night the 3 of us went to see Ant Man because it was the only movie that I thought 2 grandparents and a 13 year old could see together.  Boy was I ever surprised.  It just sounds stupid...but the entire movie was entertaining...and at times the whole theater burst out laughing.  As surprised as I am to say this...I recommend this movie as an entertaining summer movie! When we left the theater and entered our car the temp said 120 degrees sitting in the parking lot...WOW...but it settled down to a nice 103 by the time we got home...which meant it was pool time!!!  Perfect way to wrap up the day!



Have a wonderful weekend and we'll see you back here on Monday where I will have another Give Away...yes, we are going to have one for every week in August!!!   But first, the winner of the Bend wall hanging is....Marie!!!  Send me your address and I'll drop it in the mail :)

9 comments:

  1. My nephew is a computer animator and he worked on Ant Man as the Visual Effects Lead - he said it was a fun project! I hadn't planned to go see it, but maybe I will after hearing how much you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your grandson time! I'm waiting for two little girls to get here--every Friday this summer is Camp Grandma! I'm trying to get a blog post together--boy, will I be happy to get to apoint where I only need one device to blog with! I'm a little amazed at how much I've done in July...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for movie review...enjoy your grandson time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do grow up fast, as did our own kids.
    I am getting the trailer ready for sunday, hopefully I can get it all done and enjoy a few days of relaxing.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to have your grandson for a visit! That is just too hot! Thanks for the movie recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Marie!
    Those kids are growing.
    Think I'd like a good movie to laugh at!
    In a cool theater.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to Marie! It looks like you've had some great summer fun with your grandsons. I had to think about having a quilt hanging in a yogurt place. Sticky fingers of my Monkey Boys came to mind. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy August 1!!!!! And Congratulations Marie!!! I may have to go to that movie now that you've recommended it. I could use a good laugh! Have a lovely weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hearing that you met in Detroit Lake and picked up your grandson brought back good memories for me.. when we lived in Bend we used to use Detroit Lake as our "half~way" point with my sister who lived in Salem.. she would take the kids one at a time for a special auntie trip back to her house! good memories! .. even rented a cabin a few times and did Thanksgiving and a couple summer get~togethers there.. soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete