Thursday, July 16, 2015

Blessings ~ Plus ~ Sit 'n Stitch

Ya know...once in a while something happens that literally makes the mom in you stop in your tracks!  Yesterday a text came across my phone from my younger son asking me if I wanted to hang one of my quilts in his new office?!?!  WHAT???  Did the planets all line up into one perfect quilt pattern????  OF COURSE!!!  I knew just the right quilt :)  It was one that I made in 2004 and was in the 29th Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show and hung in HH's office for 8 years until his retirement!  I hopped on my bike, quilt in tow and rode down to the office.  I think it is perfect...what a perfect day yesterday was...sigh...


I have totally recovered from Quilt Show week and picked up where I left off.  I finished quilting and tacking the binding on June's 100 Fabulous Small Quilt...
now on to quilting July's!


It was a thrill for me to meet Ana Maria who is a Woolie reader in Spain! She came for Quilter's Affair/show and came over to Sit 'n Stitch to meet.  I love that the blog has created so many connections between quilters around the world!


It was so nice for Jean and Valori to ask me to run 2 days of Sit 'n Stitch.  I really had to dust off my quilting skills and opinions, LOL.  I think Sit 'n Stitch provides an opportunity not only to meet other quilters but to tackle those class projects and keep them from becoming UFO's.  Several people  brought UFO's and made wonderful progress.  It was a wonderful experience!  Enjoy the slide show with both piecers and hand stitchers!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize a slideshow design

10 comments:

  1. Yeah...what a good son...did they move to Sister's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to have a wonderful son. I have wonderful sons too. L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just plain cool that your son has mom's art in his office!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt is perfect for his office and what a joy to have our kids, love what we make.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great kid. Makes a momma proud.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun! I love it when my kids show even a partial interest in my quilting. As they get older, they show it more and more. Are you in Portland? or do you have a son in Sisters?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it when my girls show interest in my work :o) Perfect quilt for the office!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do you remember everyone's name at the Sit and Stitch? That is remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Validation by our children is the ultimate. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete