Friday, July 3, 2015

A Heads Up!

Well all you wonderful quilting friends out there I am going to be off line for the next week.  My whirlwind week starts today when I help Kathy who organizes Wish Upon A Card.  Today we set up the Quilter's Affair teacher's donated auction cards at the high school where the classes are taught.  They are stunning!!  On Monday and Tuesday I am taking a class with Angela Walters...then, Wednesday the producer & camera crew of the Alex Anderson and Ricky Timm's The Quilt Show is arriving at MY house...OMG, to film!!!  Who would have thunk it!!!  On Thursday and Friday I teach the Sit 'n Stitch...and Saturday is the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show!!!  But, oh no...we still are not done because come Sunday there is Save it For Sunday with Tula Pink!  On top of that there is a special program each evening!  No way I could keep up on the blog this week...but come Monday,  July 13th I will be blogging ALL my activities.  In the meantime if you follow me on Instagram I will be posting photos throughout the week! And, on Monday the 13th we will start another GIVE AWAY donated by the local shops!!!

To wrap up this week I finished the latest JA Jance book and it was a page turner.  With 2 different mysteries going on with the characters intertwined.  It was especially interesting to me because HH and I drove by Colorado City on our camping trip to St. George last September...thank goodness I finished it before Quilt Show week or I wouldn't have been able to concentrate on my quilting! LOL


As for quilting...I did get the Huckleberry challenge from 101 Fabulous Small Quilt pieced...although I didn't get it quilted.  I have a nice pile of tops to be quilted come fall...are you a topper or do you quilt your creations before moving on to the next quilt?  I do wish I had gotten this one done because it would be so perfect for the 4th...dang!  Our challenge is taking the next couple of months off...so maybe I can get caught up!


I am looking forward to sharing the activities with you but if you can't wait ,check me out on Instagram! Have a wonderful safe 4th of July!!!

13 comments:

  1. Wow! This sounds like a bucket list week--enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Anna, how exciting to have Alex and Ricky come to film at your house! Having visited your home I can understand why they chose you, have fun with the process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun. So wish i could make it for the show...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Quilt week to YOU!!! And celebrities in the house to boot! Your cup is over flowing and I am happy for you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love j.a. Jance , love all her books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your week sounds fun!! I love JA Jance too and have read them all--I'll have to see if the library has this one in yet and get my name on the waiting list. Cute wall hanging! Have a great 4th and fun week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful whirlwind week, Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whew what a week,you have coming up. Enjoy. And Happy Birthday America.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hard to believe the festivities are about to begin! I'm so excited for you and all the cool things you are doing this week. You've worked hard getting ready for it, and now you're having some cool visitors to your beautiful home!! I can't wait to hear more about it! I hope it cools down there. Hugs for Enzo...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a busy week you are going to have. i look forward to hearing all about. One of my friends will be on a bus tour in Oregon taking in the quilt show.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGosh!! How lucky are YOU!! So does that mean that you will be doing a walk on with Ricky and Alex? Or assisting them in any way...bringing them lemonade...or mopping their brows...helping them cut or hold fabric? How exciting for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous week you're going to have!!! WOW!! Fun! Can't wait to hear all about it and see some fantastic photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi- Wonderful flag quilt! I was going to be traveling for a couple of days, so went to the library to check out the book you recommended. I found a different book by her called, Damage Control. I was so surprised to see that the city that I live in was mentioned- Kearney, NE.! ( We are a college town of about 35,000.) The book was good and an easy read. :)

    ReplyDelete