Friday, June 5, 2015

Wrapping Up The Week

This week was one of those satisfying weeks for both HH and I.  For HH it included lots of hiking with Enzo and for me it included time with friends.  One morning HH woke up early and caught this beautiful photograph of the moon setting from our back porch.  It is moments like this that take your breath away and we are so grateful that we are living in Sisters.


The weather in our neck of the woods has been pretty darn good and Enzo has been lounging around...boy, I wish he had thumbs so he would help me with my UFO's!

Luckily I had a couple of girlfriends to go see Aloha and I didn't have to sit through HH asking me why I chose this movie.  Let me put it this way...I will not be adding this movie to my Pinterest Board of Good Movies to See.  Truly the only redeeming quality of this movie was Bradley Cooper starred in it...I like Emma Stone and Rachel MacAdams but their characters...how do I put this nicely???...don't waste your money.


I had to share my latest stitching on my Sue Spargo project.  I am so tickled with what I learned in class. 


I stitched this little gem at a friends house when I went to check out her new sewing room...New sewing rooms are like a new quilt...what colors do you want to use...how will I arrange the pieces...So wonderful!  I stopped by Anne's house so we could go out to Lori's together...which means I am sharing 2 sewing rooms in the slide show.  Anne's which is a riot of projects and wonderfully decorated...and Lori's which is brand NEW!!!  and ready for her personality stamp.  As I have traveled around and visited sewing rooms they all reflect the quilter and how she wants to feel while she is stitching.   More about this next week...I am embracing my word of the year RELEASE!  In the meantime, enjoy the slide show and we'll see you back here on Monday!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create your own picture slideshow

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Your woven trellis stitch and bullion knot circle loos amazing Anna! Love the accents you did on your ribbon and rickrack. I may steal a few of those ideas for my ribbon and rickrack!

    The two sewing rooms are lovely, how lucky are they both to have such large sewing spaces. May much creativity flow out of both.

    Thanks for sharing these spaces with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rooms full of fun! Both are wonderful. Congrats to Lori for her new sewing cove. The barn doors are cool and that view is refreshing! Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful photo of the moon! And what a fun slide show Anna! Anne and Lori have made so many many gorgeous things and their spaces are fabulous! Thank you for sharing the fun with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous stitching!!
    And those Sewing Studios...DDG!! (drop dead gorgeous!!) I want..I want...I want!! The Sewing Rooms, that is, not the DD part!! Yikes! Be careful what you wish for!

    ReplyDelete