Thursday, June 25, 2015

No Sireeeee....

I am not complaining...just making an observation...it seems no matter how organized I think I am I still end up getting stressed about deadlines, LOL.  The Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show is only 16 days away!!!  Which means my quilts have to be turned in sometime in the next 5 days...and I still have to put labels on them.  It also means that I need to get ready for  my 2 days of class with Angela Walters and do a little prepping for the 2 Sit 'n Stitch classes I will be monitoring...oh yeah, I am feeling the heat!

Don't forget the Give Away!!  It is a wonderful pictorial book of the last 40 years of the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show.  Just click on the link, leave a comment you are interested and please be a follower of the Woolie blog by clicking on the "Join This Site" button.  


Last night was the final meeting for the summer of the East of the Cascade Quilters Guild.  The June meeting is held outside because the Stitchin' Post is filled to the brim with boxes being unpacked for the Quilter's Affair and show week! The evening was beautiful...it was sad to hear the "Triple Quilt Force" is stepping down because the last year and a half have been so much fun.  Thank you Liz, Candy and Barbara for all your joyful leadership!


...come September we will be have a new force to be reckoned with...The Three Sally's...oh yeah, it is going to be an exciting Fall!


The meeting was so beautiful...because, 
the 40 x40 Challenge Quilts for the show were shared. In honor of the 40th Anniversary of the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show each participant created a 40 x 40 inch quilt...some took it a step further by creating 40 blocks or using 40 fabrics...



Enjoy the slideshow...these challenge quilt will be in the show :)

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Another photo slideshow by Smilebox

5 comments:

  1. Great slide show Anna, love the forty houses, forty stars...quilt along with can you see the 40 quilt.

    Looking forward to seeing them in gasp 16 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing them all in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What prep is there to do for the Alice Waters? I thought we just show up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting...I wish I could go to Sisters...it is on my bucket list. The book sounds fabulous. I promise to give it a good home if it were to come my way. BTW...I love your blog...It's my bedtime read (I'm in MA)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it's going to be a wonderful show! I hope you'll all have a great time. Not in my summer possibilities this year, sadly!
    Would love to win your book--and if I don't win, I'll buy it!

    ReplyDelete