Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Chit Chat :)

 Sometimes you have to treat yourself!  I hope  you self denying, caring quilters out there hear me!!  Your engine will run out if you don't take care of yourself.  It doesn't have to cost a fortune or take a large chunk of time but it does require making a commitment to yourself.  How can you truly know what it means to be committed if you can't even take a breath for yourself?  I know I am the pot calling the kettle black...but, I am getting better.  I now schedule "ME" days and I am getting pretty good an not letting the "schedule" interfere with my "ME" day.  The one other thing that I do which always brings a smile to my face is fresh flowers.  They are only $3.99 at Trader Joe's and are worth every cent!  I love how the photo caught the quilt on the opposite wall in the mirror, LOL.  Give yourself a gift of time...you will find peace there.


Well, Robin is the winner! She finished her Little Pieces from our class together.  Those are 3 inch blocks!!!


I thought I would share a few more photos of my fellow classmates WIPs from the Sue Spargo workshop.




See the tiny hexi on the flower!!!


Definitely going to be taking another one of her classes :)  Today I am off to stitch with the Juniperberries and it is reveal day for our group exhibit at the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show...I can't wait!  Have a wonderful Wednesday!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing those "words of wisdom" with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I love the combination of wool and cotton. So...do you fuse the cotton pieces to the wool first before stitching? The colors are SO rich!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is interesting seeing the peacocks in different colours. There is something in everyone that is different and interesting.

    I love the embossed velvet the second one is going to do.

    Robin's mini blocks are great.

    The vase of flowers is also lovely. I love the additional dimension wool gives when not fused..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your flowers....and your attitude! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy seeing the progress from the class.
    I am going to have to check my TJs. I have seen the flowers but never paid attention to the price.

    ReplyDelete