Friday, May 29, 2015

Sue Spargo Workshop

I wish I could share with you how much fun the 1st day of class was at the Stitchin' Post!  Sue Spargo is a calm, laid back teacher and is willing to support you in whatever direction you want to take your project. 

This was the potential project

Day 1 was spent working on the background and it was so much fun deciding and stitching the monochromatic background.  Embellishing the background with bits of ribbon, decorative stitches and little hexies while hanging out with a great bunch of women made for a perfect Thursday :)


I decided to divide up the photos and not put them in a slideshow so that you can click on them to enlarge.  The stitching needs to be seen up close.






I am so in love with the leaves!


Tbe day was wrapped up with my mind whirling with ideas about how I want my piece to look.  Day 2 is going to be even more exciting!  Have a wonderful weekend and we'll see you back here on Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the individual pictures Anna.

    Looking forward too seeing what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you, I tried to get into a workshop in Vancouver, BC with her in June but the with her having so many hoops to jump through via the "Border" to do the workshops she wanted to instruct here in Canada they wouldn't allow her the allotted time she needed for a two day and three day workshop. So she had to shorten it down to only one workshop, I'll never understand their reasoning because we miss out on so many talented people that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Sue's sense of color and design...always cheerful and playful. What a fun weekend you'll have working on your piece!

    ReplyDelete