Thursday, May 21, 2015

Stitching is good for the Soul

I feel sorry for people who do not stitch...what a sad, sad, life they must lead, LOL.  What can be better than to be drowning in UFO's, WIPs and PIGs.  I decided to head over to Sew Many Quilts and stitch with Linda and her "Gang of Stitchers"!  As I have said before, Linda is a savant when it comes to the embroidery needle and maybe if I was able to stitch with her...some of it might rub off.  I decided that I wanted to jump start this UFO that was languishing in a project box and maybe finish it before Halloween????  I still love it...so why not finish it!!!


Here is just a little peek of some of the stitcheries that were being worked on...yowzers!!!



Last night was Bookie Babes and our book for this month was Beneath a Marble Sky.  A Historical Fiction about the building of the Taj Mahal.  An easy read with some historical facts and some stretching of the truth...if ya know what I mean. But if you want a book that doesn't tax the brain but entertains, this is the one for you :)  


Have a great Thursday...I am off to class at the Stitchin' Post

7 comments:

  1. I finished that boot last,year as a gift for my DIL. Last I saw it was underneath their cat. I assume by now it has been scratched into threads. Oh well, want to make one for me one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! I know what you mean...one Summer day I was visiting my son and my eye traveled across the yard to notice a cute Christmas quilt I'd made for my grandson draped over their lawn mower. YIKES!!! I was so $&(%^#$ off!!!

      Delete
  2. Loved all of the projects...such a talented group!! I just read Jacqueline's comment...ouch! This is one of my big fears...so now I ask and show, before I give! That way I know that they will appreciate it! Nothing worse than receiving something or giving something that isn't appreciated and loved! Live and learn...
    Well where did THAT come from...?haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that Halloween on my project list too. Enjoy your day,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna I've stitched the witch's boot and just love it. I didn't color it but it's pretty without the shading. I have no idea how I'm going to finish it but I guess something will come to me. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful projects and I agree with you Anna, stitching is good for the soul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Which Witch's Boot is awesome! I'll be at a quilt shop today... I just may have to let this jump into my cart... lol!

    ReplyDelete