Tuesday, May 19, 2015

One Two Three...

It seems my days are filled and I am paying for it in a variety of ways.  A friend told me that I need to take one day a week just for me.  A "quiet" day.  Do you take a "quiet" day?  I was born in an Army hospital tent on a beach...so, noise and chaos has been part of my life from day one.  But, I am feeling the need to find some quiet moments.  Yesterday was not one of those days...Enzo needed to go to the Dog Doc in Bend and my car needed to be serviced.  This meant I needed to be in Bend all day.  I was able to drop into the Material Girls group for a while which is always a sweet time.


I dropped him off at 9:00 AM and was not able to pick him up until 3:00 PM which meant a lot of time to fill. After the car service I headed to the MG's. Then the Material Girls wrapped up their gathering at 2:00 PM...so, what to do for an hour.  I decided that I would check in with Sew Many Quilts.  Gail & Sharon had just returned from Quilt Market with lots of surprises for their customers.  They already had some new items and had already started rearranging the shop in anticipation of a whole lots of newness!


This is a project that a couple of friends are working on...and, one that I should be working on but I am just not ready too.  I love it!

This adorable quilt is from the 101 Small Quilts book!

 These are 3 reallllly cute pincushions!

Linda who teaches embroidery at the shop is a savant when it comes to stitching.


I have never found a Red Button pattern I didn't love! LOL

The shop really has some wonderful projects that just make me want to add to my already mile long list!

So...I am going to try to find a Quiet Day.....

9 comments:

  1. Yup those are all very tempting projects Anna. You filled your day very nicely! I hope that Enzo is going to be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you forget to tell us how Enzo is?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that shop "Sew Many Quilts" hope to see it in July. Yes I have a Quiet Hours not a day when I work in the sewing room and yard. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your quiet day, I hope Enzo is back to his usual habits and enjoying the day with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One quiet day a week is a grand idea. You are so busy. I think you might be more realistic to start out with one every other week. Mark it on the calendar. Maybe later it will grab you by the week. On the off week that Quiet Hours above is so wise. One year my New Year's Word was "Sshhhhhh" That's good any day. Hugs to Enzo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your idea of a Quiet Day one day a week! It seems like I've been going in 5th gear since I retired and a Quiet Day sounds so darn great that I may have to copy your lead!! Your quilt pictures are beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing them. I hope Enzo is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One quiet day a week...I love that! Love those quilts too, Norma Whaley's In the Meadow, Kathy Tracys little quilt with Prairie Points, lovely embroidery and the Red Button Quilt Company....I'm drooling all over my computer. Hope Hope Enzo is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope Enzo is feeling better. I am in the mood to take a quiet day and do some hand quilting. I have new Tulip needles that I want to try, and some TV shows that I would like to catch up on. But...I also have a million other things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! I love the quilt in the last pic you posted! Looks quick and just the right amount of Christmas cheer! :-)
    I hope Enzo is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete