Tuesday, May 26, 2015

It's All About the Tools

The truth is that when it comes to quilting...it is all about the tools.  Yes, you can't make a quilt without the fabric but you also need the tools and there are a whole bunch of tools!!!  I have at least 10+ different scissors...and, more rulers than I care to admit.  But...the other tool that borders on hoarding are needles.  I have so many packs of needles that I have a special little box just for my needles.  I have needles for every conceivable stitch I care to take, lol.  And now...I have found a whole new brand of needle that is making my fingers itch.  I first heard about the Tulip needles at Empty Spools and now the Stitchin Post is carrying the whole line of Tulip needles!  These needles which are made in Hiroshima Japan are incredible.  They are packaged in the most precious box and are color coded according to the type of needle you need...embroidery, sewing, applique, Milliner...Sashiko!!!


I was so excited to try the Sashiko needles.  The little glass tube came with different length of needles which are incredibly strong and don't bend...or get that curve in the shaft.  The point is sharp and I do believe it is going to make my Sashiko even prettier!!!


HH is back home...which meant that he and Enzo went out in the woods.  There was still some snow where they ended up and according to HH...Enzo was cutting cookies in the snow, lol.  Yep, he had a great time which resulted in a very quiet evening.


Heading to Woolies today and wanted to leave you with a thought....


6 comments:

  1. Let us know how those "new" needles work for you...
    Enzo, living the good life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Enzo had a great time.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a pack of these needles and can't wait to get all of the sizes they offer. They are wonderful! L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stitching is lovely. I'm looking forward to finding and trying these needles also. I look forward to hearing how you like them.

    Enjoy your wool stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that Enzo is back to being rambunctious Anna!
    My oh my do those needles sound tempting. And you make me want to try sashiko every time you show some of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard those needles are wonderful....now I am hearing it from you. I must get some. :)
    Love that quote.

    ReplyDelete