Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Humpty Dumpty Day...

...and so we have reached mid week.  Does it seem to you that time is flying by?  We have been dealing with rainy weather but no complaints since water is in short supply.  Tonight my little minion is coming to stay with us for a couple of days while his mom takes a trip with her dad and brother.  My older GS is staying at his other grandma's house since he still has school.  And my son will get much needed sleep since he works the night shift.

My next book review is a sweet book.  The kind you take to the beach, camping or on vacation.  Never having lived in the South I am only familiar with "Southern Women" through books and movies.  And, since my family were nomads I didn't have friends from birth.  When I read a book like this it gives me a warm feeling and I dream of a life that includes people who know your people...if ya know what I mean :)  Light hearted and enjoyable!


Ever since I got the special Winter issue of Quilt Mania I have dreamed of making the house quilt on the cover!  It is the perfect size and like many quilters...I fell in love with red and white quilts since first laying eyes on the Red & White Quilt Exhibit in NYC.  I only wish I could have seen it in person!!!  The challenge was picking the right red and, the right background.


 I narrowed down my choice to Kathy Schmitz's Patchwork Garden Red.  I love that it reads as a solid but has all this script writing across it.  I think if I can find enough crackle fabric in my stash that might be the right background.  I am not going to start it right away...but it will be all ready like a PIGs project aka Project in Grocery Sack.  I do seem to have a bunch of PIGs in my sewing room!!


Today I head into Bend for Woolies...it will be a small group as several are out of town but I have a great need to keep stitching away on my Christmas wallhanging.  What is your top priority project??

5 comments:

  1. LOVE that quilt...but never did find that magazine when down south! It's just as well as I have enough houses to keep me going for years! I can't wait to see how this one takes shape! Dying to know if it is paper pieced?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PIGS in the sewing room... hahahaha. I guess I have a few of those too.
    Lots of times I think you and I have similar taste Anna and this is one of them. I am so tempted to make one too and even found an issue of the magazine. You picked a great red for your houses.
    Those kinds of books make me feel the same way. Such strong roots is something not a lot of people have these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun with your woolie friends, I have to get back on track with my wool projects.

    Taking a class with Sue Spargo next month and need to get into the creative stitching grind.

    Grey and dull with threats of rain here today so stitching just may happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the projects that surfaced earlier this year was a house quilt from Trudie Hughes' book. I finished cutting the pieces and it's ready to go when I decide to sew it! I have gotten hooked on Quiltmania and am seriously thinking of getting a subscription--though it's fun to haunt my local Barnes & Noble to seek out the new issues! I got on a roll on Monday and emptied two large tubs, getting the projects organized for quilting. I wish I'd taken pictures before I started...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Small projects are on my agenda these days as I work prepping my own house for sale. I am currently doing the Lori Holt (Bee in My Bonnet) series from her book "Farm Girl Vintage"...not exactly sure why as I am moving FROM the country TO the city...

    ReplyDelete