Friday, May 22, 2015

Friday...already???!!!

It is hard to believe it is already Friday and that we are heading into Memorial Day Weekend!  If you step into any quilt shop in Central Oregon you know that something is going on...it is count down to the 40th Anniversary of the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show.  But, at the Stitchin' Post today starts the 40th Anniversary Birthday Sale that goes on all weekend!!!  25% off...if you are not able to come into the shop...head over to their website!  

Here is Edie making the most beautiful fat quarter packs of solids!  Yummm!!!

I spent yesterday at the Stitchin' Post taking a class with Pam Raby.  She resides in the valley teaches in Lake Oswego and Philomoth.  But, lucky for us comes over the mountain to occasionally teach classes here in Sisters.  She is a lovely teacher and I highly recommend any class she might teach.  Here she is showing off a table topper where she used the diamond ruler by Jaybird Quilts.
  

Enjoy the slide show of our Little Pieces class.  I had soooo much fun...not only was the teacher great but my classmates were a hoot and a half! LOL  Have a wonderful and safe weekend!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This picture slideshow made with Smilebox

9 comments:

  1. Lovely slide show Anna it will be interesting to see how the blocks are set and what colours are used for the backgrounds.

    Love tree blocks. Enjoy the big sale and your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those 3" blocks! I am currently making 6" blocks from "Farm Girl Vintage" by Lori Holt...and I thought 6" seemed small!!! They're all cute...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute blocks - little is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! 3" finished?!? Wow! They are super cute though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE Jaybird Quilts! Her rulers are great. Do you know if this is one of her patterns or one that the teacher developed? Thanks and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quilt in the photograph is Julie's Sweetheart Table topper and is a free tutorial on her blog http://www.jaybirdquilts.com/2015/02/sweetheart-table-topper-tutorial.html
      I added a border and am a huge fan of Julie's designs. I avoided hexagons for years but now have made at least half a dozen hexagon projects all thanks to the Hex N More ruler!

      Delete
  6. Those smalllllll blocks give me the shakes! Not sure my big hands could deal with those. I loved Pam Raby's designs. I would take her classes for sure! Thanks for always sharing! Don't buy too much! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! Those blocks are so small! They really look amazing when all put together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Anna! You are so much fun! I enjoyed every minute of our class and love the slide show you made. I'm eager to see how you put your beautiful 3" Ohio Star blocks together so will keep an eye out for a blog post about that.

    ReplyDelete