Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Ahhhhhh....

Well, I did it!  I scheduled a day just to hang out in my sewing room!!!  A "Me" day...and my friend was right...it was what the doctor ordered.  It had been over 3 weeks since I had sat at my sewing machine and I really missed it.  I popped a book on CD in my player and I started stitching.  I have decided to schedule a "me" day on my calendar.  HH was so sweet...because he knew how important this day was to me.  So, he drove back and forth to the next town with papers that had to be signed and delivered so I didn't have to leave the house :)  Now, that is love!


I have a dream of finishing this quilt before December so I can hang it up for Christmas.  What is your #1 project that you want to finish this year?  I have so many I want to finish but this is definitely my numero uno.

  
 
I have reached the first hurdle and have finished all the wool applique blocks!!  Now on the agenda is to make all the pieced blocks...yikes!


It was so nice to putter around my sewing room.  I worked on my May 101 Small Quilt project and then started sewing the blocks together into rows for the Non-Woolie Woolie Challenge.  Afterwards, I decided to chose a new Wool project to begin working on...sweet.  Yes, I highly recommend a "Me" Day!

7 comments:

  1. Good for you to schedule a "me" day! I can get SO much accomplished when I stay home and concentrate on simply sewing/stitching. I often turn off my phone as well... ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing your wool appliqué portion of the quilt. I've enjoyed seeing your Instagram posts as you've finished them.

    Looking forward to see what thenext wool project will be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY, you are catching up to me on this project!! My HST are cut out...waiting! I am aiming for Christmas 2016! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna I love that you scheduled yourself a day - we all need to do that and we need to do it more often. All the things that call to us outside the home are fun but they also wear us out. One day a week spent entirely at home is something to treasure and to aim for. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice that you got in your "me" day. Love those days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful quilt that will be. Lovely Halloween stitching too. Would you believe I have that one in to stitch too? I may have to push that to wards the top of my list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute "PhD" sign! lol!
    You've accomplished so much on this quilt! I'm confident you will have this finished in time for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete