Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Running Backwards...

It seems lately that I seem to be running in place or better yet running backwards.  Although it feels exhausting I am not complaining...this week, 2 different people I know have lost an adult child.  It is so hard to fathom the loss of a child and as one grieving parent told me...you just aren't supposed to out live your children.  So, I am again reminded to be grateful...to open my heart to those who are trying to move forward when their pain stops them in their tracks.

I am embracing my quilt world...with all it's UFOs, WIPs and PIGs.  I am an evolving quilter :)  I am giving up goals for goals sake and I am embracing the process.  I finished my Tula Pink quilt for the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show.  After coming back from Empty Spools Seminar with some new found tips I decided to face my quilt rather than finish it with a traditional binding.  Facing a quilt really makes it lay flat.  I love the look!

You can click on the photo to take a look at the quilting done by Kim at QuiltWorks

With the schedule I have been keeping I am slacking on the blog front and realized that I haven't shared the last sewing room I got to visit!!!  The Juniperberries meeting was held at Nola's house which is a lovely log home in the forest.  What a wonderful place to display one's quilts!!!


Enjoy the slide show!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Digital slideshow created with Smilebox

5 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to your friends who've lost their children. Even after 10 years, the pain is still very real. It does put things into perspective, though--life is short and uncertain, so we need to make the best use of the time we're given! For some of us, that means using fabric and thread (and yarn and beads and...) to make something beautiful or meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Tula Pink quilt! I have the book, and some of her fabrics, and as soon as I find my bolt of white I'm going to start making blocks. Even have a couple of friends interested! I like your choice of grey--it really does set off the vivid colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loosing a child at any change can be devistating, I can't imagine loosing an adult child.

    Your Tula Pink quill looks lovely.

    Nola's home look so on have a soul of creativity in residence. Love that stitched pillow. saying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just gave my daughter Tula Pink fabric for her birthday. Will have to send her a link to your blog so that she can see your quilt! The log cabin is wonderful...and Nola's quilts are wonderful! I especially loved the treed quilt with the cabin! Perfect!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart goes out to your friends for their losses...
    A tad bit of modern you've added to your numerous talents! LOVE Tula Pink.
    Nola's home and the quilts within are a beautiful representation of your lovely Central Oregon surroundings. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete