Thursday, April 9, 2015

Quilting = Instant Friends

One of the best parts of quilting is you are never alone...Quilter = Friend.  You can travel around the world and if you meet a quilter they will totally understand you.  Don't you agree?!  I met Jeanne one day when I was shopping in Back Porch Fabrics.  We had a conversation while she was cutting my fabric...and in that conversation was born a friendship...that lead me to the largest quilt show in Europe!  During that conversation I found out she lived in one of the beautiful painted ladies of Pacific Grove...which are lovely homes from the 1800's.  Growing up in the area I had always wanted to see the inside of one of those homes!!!  She invited me to visit and over a cup of tea I found out she lead tours to France!!!  yep...all you have to do is say hello to a quilter and your whole life can change.

There was no way I could go to Empty Spools in Pacific Grove without visiting Jeanne.  Robin was the only one on the trip besides myself who had been to Jeanne's house and I knew the rest of the gals would enjoy seeing not only Jeanne's home but her quilt collection...and, her own creations!  After the tour we walked to the Red House for dinner...Yummm


I enjoyed this dish of Portabello Mushroom and Polenta...absolutely the best!


Please enjoy this wonderful slideshow of a lovely quilter and her home!  
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Digital slideshow generated with Smilebox

4 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a wonderful week with the retreat and friends and her home and quilts are beautiful.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very nice of this lady to share her home and quilts with you. Yes! I agree that meeting a quilter anywhere creates a common means of bonding. Smiles and that warm, cozy feeling surround you both...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet woman and what fabulous tastes she has in quilts! Anna it is wonderful how you met your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful slide show of a very talented quilter! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete