Thursday, April 16, 2015

Chit Chat

Here is a photo of the inner workings of the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show.  I have volunteered to help my friend Kathy process postcards for the Wish Upon A Card 2015 project.  Sitting in the command post of the quilt show has given me a peek at the work that goes into making this show a success every year!  
I hope you will be able to attend!


My mailbox coughed up a wonderful project from Sylvia Pippen!!!  I can't wait to start this Sashiko wallhanging.


The Woolie's met this week and although a small gathering 
the projects were inspiring :)

Anne's applique


Nancy's penny rug

These wonderful snowman were stitched by Mary...they are a variety of patterns she has been collecting over time.

Then she finished this great quilt!

Sandy finished this Kim Diehl mini

...and this wonderful BOM


I have been organizing my sewing room...it is amazing what you discover when you actually straighten up your little piggy pen, lol.  Do you clean up after yourself or do you wait until you can't see over the cutting mat???  Have a great Thursday...I am going to go listen to Voilet Craft this evening!!!  If you don't know who she is...here is a quilt pattern she designed that Cakers made!


4 comments:

  1. Busy, busy, busy is your life. Can I borrow some of that energy???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh to see the cards first hand! Lots of work, but rewarding inspirations, I'll bet.
    Yes, I am like you. (We must be twins separated at birth.) I had to "clean" off my sewing spaces this week to get at quilting my H2H offering. There is the ongoing butterflies parts and patterns and finished blocks; parts waiting to make the POD blocks; some pieces cut for the snowball and 9 patches. Some of the mess is Bitty blocks, and fabric pulled for my son in law's wedding quilt... I really have to get working on that all... oh and I pulled some blocks made for my grandgirl's wedding quilts that I started and didn't like. I gave them to her. She was happy to get them, even though I don't think she knows what to do with them. I also had to take the iron off the electric strip, and move all that stuff to some other place (the cutting matt) so I can quilt. I know (from experiences) that the quilt will lasso anything around, so clean it up ahead of time. I didn't bother with the floor... I need an excavator for that project... maybe an archeologist. I did put back on the shelves the boxes of colors (fabrics), because when I tried to water the plants on the top of the shelves I almost had an avalanche of newly watered plants come down onto the fabrics. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR (read tiny house). That all happened because there was too many boxes on the floor open to pick out fabrics for the SIL wedding quilt.... OMG. If only people knew how difficult some of the steps of quilting are. (Hubby just said "Shit on a Goose". He always knows just what to say.)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the best things that's happened to me was having my daughter "force" me to have cleaning help every couple of weeks. On Cleaning Day I have to tidy and clear the surfaces so they can get cleaned (back surgery means no lifting or heavy work). It keeps me (somewhat) tidy although she knows not to disturb my project-in-progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely show and tell, that wool BOM is gorgeous, who you know the name or designer?

    All the wool projects are great, love all the snowman collection pieces.

    Your Sylvia Pippen BOM will be a fun one to stitched. Maybe one day..sigh...

    Don't forget the newest Buttermilk Basin mystery block..waiting on printer ink so I can print it off.

    ReplyDelete