Thursday, March 19, 2015

Thoughtful Thursday...ohmmmm

I have been keeping myself busy...getting up early to do some stitching in my sewing room.  Whenever I am in worry mode about something in my life I find the most peace early in the morning in my sewing room...does that also work for you?  When I looked out the window I saw this sight, lol...looks like Mt. Washington is about to blow!  The cloud formations this week have been spectacular.


Remember what I was saying about small quilt does not = few pieces.  Well, my friend Ruth agrees!  She created this wonderful challenge quilt for one of the groups she belongs to and it has a GAZILLION pieces!  I just might venture to say that a gazillion pieces does = a spectacular quilt :)


I made it to my goal!  Not, the one to take over the world (that is still on my list) but, to finish my Juniperberry Challenge for the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show.  It is now at the longarm quilters for some beautiful free motion quilting!  Around here if you need a long arm quilters to help you finish a quilt for the Quilt Show you have got to have it done months ahead of time because they all book up!! 

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on meeting your goal! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to wake up to that view. That is a beautiful quilt and I found that lots of pieces just looks intimidating, but it is just a matter of sitting down and sewing them all together, haha.I can't wait to see how the quilting looks on your quilt.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mission accomplished! How fun is that???

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty view you have - so soothing. I'm designing a quilt right now that has about a bazillion pieces in it. It seemed like a great idea when I started - lol! I think it will be worth it in the end, but it's taking awhile to get there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you take over the world I hope you still let me hang out on your blog. I love that view and the quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Anna! It will be wonderful to have your quilt in the show!
    What a gorgeous view out your window!
    I adore your friend Ruth's quilt!

    ReplyDelete