Friday, March 13, 2015

It's Friday!!!

I don't know about you but today is an exciting day!!!  My oldest son and his family will be arriving for the weekend.  My oldest grandson has a basketball game to play and a birthday to celebrate!!  How time flies!!  I am on a book and movie slump but last night I did rejoin my neighborhood book group.  Seems the rules are a little more flexible. And that, is my middle name.    I also did some stitching with the Sew 'n Sews and am making some headway on my Challenge Quilt for the show this summer.  What I love about stitching with different groups is that I ALWAYS learn something new!  Yesterday was no exception.  Linda is a prolific hand stitcher and it is nothing to dive into an intricate applique quilt!

Always on the hunt for an easier way to applique I asked about her technique???  She uses Templar applique Mylar for creating her individual applique pieces.  She has not been able to find it in our local stores and mail orders the product.


As you can see in the photos to follow she does a LOT of applique :) 

She liked these Turkeys but there were too many of them and so 
she tweaked the pattern.

....creating a Cornucopia as a center medallion block!

Her other applique project is this Country Journal Quilt!






This one is my favorite because of the ruffled chicken on the right side!

here is a close up of the ruffle!  
She collects all kinds of trims for her applique projects.

Monday I'll have a few more peeks of what she is up too :)  In the meantime...have a wonderful weekend and be sure to spend some time with people you care about and care about you!!!

9 comments:

  1. Not Netflix - but did you see the Best Marigold Hotel? (I may have messed up the name). Loved it! Just went to see the Second Best Marigold Hotel. It was good too.....not as good as the first one.....but good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have fun with your family. I look forward to seeing more of your friends applique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful use of fabrics for the chickens and roosters. I hope you have a wonderful time with the boys this weekend.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my those chickens - amazing! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous applique work! Enjoy your time with your family! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Her applique is amazing!! What a talented lady! Have a fun filled weekend!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Love the cornucopia pattern - any chance of finding out the name of the pattern/designer??? Just gorgeous!
    Thanks for any info -
    Barbara in TN

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://licensetoquilt.com/footstool-class-check/?fb_action_ids=515272771946307&fb_action_types=news.publishes&fb_ref=pub-standard

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://licensetoquilt.com/footstool-class-check/?fb_action_ids=515272771946307&fb_action_types=news.publishes&fb_ref=pub-standard

    ReplyDelete