Tuesday, March 10, 2015

It's All In The Timing Tuesday...

I have been enjoying the organizational change that has occurred in my psyche since the beginning of the year.  It is weird that even at this age we are still maturing, LOL.  I have so many projects in the fire and getting it all done is all in the timing of my quilting schedule.  Somethings I can share and some things not because they are a secret...shhhhh. I would love to hear if you are a go with the flow quilter or work off a spread sheet? :)

I hung up my March Berties! This year has been marching along...no pun intended :)  We are enjoying the sunshine, puttering around the garden and trying to figure out how to keep the "local landscapers" from eating my plants which are already budding.


It is hard to stay indoors and quilt when it is so beautiful outside (sorry to those who are still trying to dig out of the snow.)  Enzo loves this time of year because it means more outdoor activity.


...and these 2 buds have been taking to the woods...
and, once in a while I tag along.


On the way home we saw this Oregon tree faller 
taking down a huge ponderosa pine at the edge of town.  
He cut the limbs off as he climbed up...
traffic was stopped on the Hwy when a big limb came down.  
I thought the palm tree trimmers in Hawaii were amazing.
 but, they have nothing on a Oregon tree faller :)


Here is the very top being cut off.  
If you click on the photo you can get a closer look.


Ok enough jibber jabber...I am off to Woolies.  Hope your Tuesday is a good one!

6 comments:

  1. Well, I always start on a schedule with planned projects...but am always open to the seduction of something that catches my fancy! It has to be a quickie though or I'm severely off track... ;0)
    I always love your Bertie's as I have feeders and so love birds.
    Enzo always seems to have such great posture in the photos you take of him, a real class act.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So this tree guy is a "faller fellow"??? Interesting work - we had a tall dead hemlock removed from between
    our house and the neighbors - amazing how they can fell it right between!! Scary!! Your Berties are so cute - it will be great when you have them all done and can enjoy them for years to come. Btw, I have a schedule - my design wall is very large and the immediate/no time to waste projects are on the left and one or two blocks of other projects are on the right in case I get bored (LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our weather is beautiful too, but the snow is still high and it is melting, so a mess.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna, I love your Bertie Quilts and have the patterns to make four of them too.
    I work as need dictates and would love to be able to change up more often as inspiration hits. Maybe soon.
    Those tree fallers are incredibly brave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm like a crow attracted by shiny objects flitting from project to project and back again..lots of to do's and UFO's in my life. I think it was because I had to be so organized at work as I didn't have any full time help, jus in emergencies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again, I had the most clever of all comments and it disappeared when I hit Publish. I hate that. All my best thoughts went Poof! Suffice it to say, I enjoyed your post, your change in psyche, the Bertie, the doggie I'm going to steal, and the Oregon style tree faller. Huh? Tree faller? That's a cool new term for me.

    ReplyDelete