Wednesday, March 4, 2015

12 Steps for Me and My Fabric Sista

I started a water aerobics class and it has done wonders for my shoulder and back.  You wouldn't think that quilting would be a extreme sport...but, let me tell you...well, I really don't have to tell you because you already know!  Anyhoo, it has been so amazingly wonderful and the muscles needed to cut fabric, quilt layers...putting away your purchases...well, I highly recommend water aerobics.

I recieved an email from a Woolie reader with a couple of her creations.  I absolutely love this little Prim house.  She used Tranfer Eze to stitch the script...have I told you how much I love Transfer Eze!


This photo is near and dear...since it was created with a pattern she won during the Woolie Giveaway!   Made for a friend who shares her cooking and baking with family and friends :) 


It folds up into a nice cozy bundle and 
provides a stylish way to arrive with once dish!



I chose this quote...special...for my dear Fabric Stalker...a fellow fabric horder...kit monger...and yes...you may see her photo on the wall of quilt stores...right next to mine.  I actually heard her say Sunday night when we were having dinner at a friends house that on our trip this month to the Empty Spools Quilt Seminar...she wasn't going to shop!!!  I almost snorted my pie!!! Dream on sista!!!  Just to give you an idea of what we are dealing with...her DH has been remodeling a room above the shop on their property for her sewing room.  Big Space...2 closets...and to save their aching backs he has been driving a motorized lift to get her "stash" up into the room!!!


oh yeah...this is the second of many loads.  No shopping, HA...she must be light headed from all that bending and putting away.  She has always been my shopping buddy...I have no doubts she will be there for me...but then, she hasn't loaded her kits yet...YIKES!


Have a wonderful Hump Day!  I am going to be stitching on my Sisters Quilt Show entry...heading to the finish line :)

8 comments:

  1. What a creative and wonderful husband your friend has!! I'm soooo impressed......with her stash (grin)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when you see a creative mind at work especially when it involves listing and moving.

    Have a great time at Asilomar Anna, which class are you taking? One day I want to go and enjoy them xperience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the "plug" - LOL. I really did want that pattern and I was so happy to win it and actually finish it!!! Thanks again Anna. Can't wait to see the loot your bring home from your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good for you!

    wish I had one of those lifts!
    fabric is addictive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to belong to a spa with swimming, it really does help and I should go back, especially in the winter. Those are beautiful pieces.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I glad to see that someone has a bigger stash than I do! This year I'm trying to use it up or give some of it away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to help me feel guilty about having missed swimming today...sigh...I need to be consistent and I'm not! The only way I can keep from adding to my stash is to simply stay away from fabric shops. Asilomar will be fun once again...kinda wish I was going... ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel better after seeing your friends stash.. so good that when the postman delivers my latest fabric purchase this week I won't even twitch.

    ReplyDelete