Friday, February 6, 2015

TGIF=This Girl is (on) Fire!

Yeah...that's right...this girl is a little out of control.  Remember me, the 110% girl...the one who from the moment of birth has been on the go.  Heck, I took my first plane ride at 5 weeks!  I realize that I have to occasionally take a break and so I am...The Woolie Blog will be off line for the next week.  I will be back on Feb. 16th!  I had to be a little organized in order to enjoy the time off...wow, the "O" word...it is a really hard word for me to embrace. But, I did.  Made my appointment with the accountant for taxes...made a grooming appointment for Enzo since he is at Camp Mel and will be covered in dirt from head to tail by the time we get back...and ordered our Valentine's Day dinner!

Yes, you heard me...Valentine's Day dinner.  For the last several years HH and I have had dinner delivered to the house for Valentine's Day by Tate & Tate.  The restaurants are too crowded on this day and we do have the best view table in town.  So, each year we place an order for our meal to be delivered...Oh yeah...I can hear you all now...must be nice to afford such luxury!  Well, the 4 course meal is $39/couple....oh yeah...you heard me!!!  And, there is so much food it generally lasts for a couple of meals....unless you want to stuff yourself!  They bring the meal all plated and then pick up the "dirty" dishes the next day for a $15 delivery fee which still makes it cheaper than a fine restaurant!  So...you local people consider Tate & Tate...besides Barb is a quilters which makes the food taste extra good! LOL

Last week I couldn't resist going to Acorns & Threads.  Lately cross stitching has been singing my song and I just had  to officer!!!  The place is amazing!  And, the staff is sooooo helpful!


The samples are yummy which makes it hard to choose!


cotton thread, wool thread...silk thread, hand dyed thread, variegated thread...this photo shows only about a 4th of the thread in this shop!


I am loving the 2 stitcheries in the top left corner!


isn't this one sweet and they finished it into a little quilted wall hanging.


There are all kinds of cross stitch patterns...from the cute, to the elegant...
to the beautiful...


I am on the order list for this one...just love it!


...and I walked out with these 2 patterns the linen canvas and thread...
I couldn't help it officer...
Cross Stitch is legal in Oregon!!!


Have a wonderful weekend and a relaxing week...
I know I will...and,
 we'll see you back here on Feb. 16th!

11 comments:

  1. You know we will expect to see lots of photos.....and especially of your Valentine's Day meal now that you wrote so much about it~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time off although I'll miss reading your blog on my birthday next week :-(.
    Have a lovely Valentine's Day and enjoy Tate and Tate's fixings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just found out there is a cross stitch shop about an hour away from me. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. Next week! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to go to a stitchery shop, can imagine the thread collections and hopefully we can hit the one in NH, next summer.

    Have fun!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Aloha Anna!! I'm surprised any planes could fly through the wind in your direction yesterday!!!
    We love T&T also, their Lemon Caper Salmon w/shrimp is so amazing. I do not eat a lot of salmon since I was practically raised on it, but they knock it out of the park.
    You are in the perfect place to unwind, Island Time baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been going to Acorns & Threads for many years, and you are so right. . . . it is a wonderful place! I remember my very first visit there. I stayed so long and had to look at everything! I was worried when the original owner sold the shop a few years ago, but the new (present) owner made it absolutely a seamless transition. Enjoy your patterns ~ I love the sheep one!

    Warm Regards,
    Lisa in Lake Oswego, Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your time off and have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thought you might be interested in reading about this:
    http://www.quiltworks.org/home

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its been a long week and I can't wait to hear about your Valentine's dinner. Another awesome cross stitch shop is Shepherd's Bush in Utah. If you ever want a road trip let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you are enjoying your week off, Anna! I think that is a great idea for Valentine's Day dinner--will have to check to see if any restaurants around here have a similar deal :)

    Great new stash--so glad cross stitching is calling your name again!

    ReplyDelete