Monday, February 2, 2015

Life is Like a Box of Chocolates...

I have had this wonderful book for over a year...and had high hopes of satisfying all my creative urges and using up all my scraps!  I even took it to my local book binder and had it spiral bound for quick and creative use.  Fast forward a few months and my fellow Fabric Stalker Lori and I made a commitment to make one a month...or maybe 1 every 2 months...fast forward over a year and neither of us has made one quilt.  Then I stumbled upon Huckleberry Stitches who was putting together a monthly stitch along.  I got so excited!!!  All I needed was someone to hold the carrot in front of me!


She is choosing one quilt a month for everyone who wants to follow along to create.  The first one is Box of Chocolates.  It was a little to sweet for me since I am a dark chocolate, cherry cordial kind of gal...so, I switched out the fabric choices to my liking.


I LOVE IT!!!  I put a heart button in the corners because what is better than chocolates in a heart shaped box!  So head on over to Huckleberry Stitches to check out all the Box of Chocolates!


We are celebrating today because...
it is Ground Hogs Day and HH's birthday!  So where ever you are have a cupcake and celebrate with us! lol



And...to start Monday off with a good laugh...



...and Fabric Depot was having a Super Bowl Sale...what's a girl to do that doesn't watch football???

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to HH. Hope he has a great day!! Your sayings are funny and true today..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I had to look at your profile to see how close you are once you had mentioned Fabric Depot... I'm over in Vancouver, WA... so we aren't that far from each other.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fish says it all, we are like a deer caught in the headlights when we walk into a store, lol. I hope you have special plans today for Mr. Mammoth.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your version of a box of chocolates Anna. Hope you saved a few for HH's birthday!

    Enjoy your day together. Love the two posters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dark chocolate and cherry version you made Anna! So sweet! I pinned three of your pictures today! So it seems I am a Dory Quilter...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always make my day! (Even if it's 7 PM as I'm writing this...) Box of Chocolates is great! I try to give myself a monthly challenge but so far this year is just too full of resolving New Year's resolutions (50 years of photo sorting!) and now traveling. March will be more peaceful and quiet. I wish your sweetie the happiest of Birth Days! Every year is a blessing to us all. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi....I LoVe your version of coloring in the quilt. Chocolate and red...what could be better? I'm with you on the shopping trip to the fabric store :) oh ya!a football game is the perfect excuse to " let them have a day to themselves! " I think quilt shop owners should re- think the day and stay open for us quilters :)
    Have a great day...hugs Marg.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very Happy Birthday to HH! Love both of those comics and the Box of Chocoaltes is awesome! Thanks for the reminder of spiral binding the books. Fabulous idea, but I always forget to do it... oooh loook... fabric! lol! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love you color choices! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love absolutely everything about your quilt... the colors, the style, everything!! you did an awesome job I am so glad you stumbled upon my blog. thanks for joining and see you next month at the parade.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love absolutely everything about your quilt... the colors, the style, everything!! you did an awesome job I am so glad you stumbled upon my blog. thanks for joining and see you next month at the parade.

    ReplyDelete