Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Kristin Shields!

Before I introduce Kristin Shields I wanted to share how I am doing on my quest for the Simply Vintage magazine.  I now have Winter 2013, Spring 2014, Summer 2014  thanks to Buttermilk Basin and Fall 2014 was found at The Gathering Place....


...But I am still on the hunt for the Winter 2014...sigh...keeping my fingers crossed that I will find it :) 


Kristin Shields was the guest speaker last week at the East of the Cascade Quilt Guild.  Kristin is an improvisational local quilter teacher and also is an active member of SAQA, Studio Art Quilt Association.  The quilts shown were amazing...and so out of the box for this Woolie.  I love the whole idea of not worrying about my points, lol.  Enjoy the slide show...it will open a whole new world for you :)

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This slideshow design customized with Smilebox

6 comments:

  1. WOW! She's talented AND productive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found some of the Sew Vintage magazines. Will keep my eye out for the winter 2015 one for you.

    Great show and tell, love her basket quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somewhere, someone will have a copy or someone will resell theirs. Wonderful quilts, fun to see what others are doing.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That issue is available on the Primitive Gatherings website.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the magazine on Quilt Merchant's site too. Maybe they still have it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.thequiltmerchant.com/shop/Whats-New/p/Simply-Vintage-Winter-2014-x4716795.htm

    ReplyDelete