Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Yahoozer...it's Tuesday!

Oh yeah...I am feeling 80% better!  The dry cough that goes with this cold virus is like nothing I have had before...oh yeah...you gals who are over 50 and have had a baby know what I am talking about...our bladders are not tucked up nice and tight like they used to be :)  And, I think I actually got workouts in because my ribs are sore from all the coughing.  But life is getting better and today I am venturing out to my Woolies group!!!

The past week I barely ventured out which was ok because most of the time it was dreary and foggy but one day was pristine...love those mountains.


...and because I couldn't venture out and neither could HH. Someone in the house was stuck.  Every time I would sit at my sewing table he would come up and put his head in my lap.  Not sure if he was feeling bad for me or him, lol.  But...I can't imagine life without him...we both agree he is the best dog that has decided to live with us.  Did I ever tell you the story of how he came to be in our family?  Well, the long and short of it was I visited the litter of puppies once a week trying to decide which one was my forever puppy.  Each time I would drive down the long road to leave he was the one puppy that would run to the fence and watch me drive away.  Yes, he is the one :)


Remember last month I shared the 2015 non-woolie challenge that the Woolies decided to sew from the QuiltMania #103 issue.  It was decided we would make 4 block a month starting in January.  Rumor had it that some of the Woolies were not following the rules :) no duh...that was a given with this group.  Anyhoo...I decided to make both January & Feb. because I was going to be gone part of February.  So far I have 6 made.  2 more to go.  We were all picking our own palette and I decided I wanted variations of red for every block and different background fabric.  I think it is going to be a spectacular quilt!  Join us and see what you come up with??!!


I have more to share on what I accomplished during my self imposed isolation :)  See you tomorrow!

14 comments:

  1. Since my daughter and her family has moved in, our dog spends a lot of time sleeping with my granddaughter. But not while I was sick! He spent every night sleeping with me. And as I got better, he would start off with me and 1/2 way thru the night he would go upstairs and finish the night with her. And then - when I got home Monday morning from my first night back at work - he would not leave me alone - it was like he had to thoroughly assess that I really was all right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a chuckle - I thought at first that HH came upstairs to your sewing room and put his head in your lap...had to read that sentence over a few times to get it right!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pets do work their way (rather easily it seems) into your heart. I love my dog too! It has amazed me that you actually accomplish things when you are ill. I usually hang out on the couch and watch movies between naps. Is HH as ambitious as you are?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how your blocks are looking Anna. Congrats on the great start. Keep up the great works.

    Love your story about Enzo's entry to your family. That would be a great story quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how Enzo picked his family...how sweet! Love your blocks!!!! Can't go wrong with RED. : )))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are getting back to normal Anna! That is so cute about how Enzo picked you! The quilting looks like it is coming along very well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG...love your blocks!! Kicking myself...hard!! So happy you are on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a sweet story. There were two borders and I wanted a female, but Bean grabbed all the attention, lol. I actually made up some blocks today, something simple to start and get back into appliqué again.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the way your blocks are looking--but after the NYE mystery quilt I'm not sure if I want to tackle any more itty bitty squares just yet! Although this would be a good way to use up some of the leftovers from my 30s quilts. Darn! I really need to bind pinwheels before I think of starting anything new...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear that you are on the mend and back out in the world a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are right! Those mountains are majestic! Gorgeous!
    LoVe the reds you are using. My fav too. My Granddog came over a couple nights ago for a " visit." He "knows" I had been away for a few days ( in hospital) and he circled me and lifted his paw for me and stretched his neck for a rub. He was comforted I was back where I belong and lay down right beside my chair to " protect" me until I got up to go to bed. They really are mans best friend. Hope you get feeling better real soon.
    Hugs Marg.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you are feeling better! I love the story of how Enzo chose you - how sweet! Great blocks - red is my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you're feeling better! I've got something similar and it has not been fun, which is why your bladder comment made me laugh (and start coughing again.) Do you think we can count the rib workout as our exercise for the day? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, what a gorgeous photo of the mountains--I can see why you love them so much!

    Lovely quilts on your blog, Anna--thanks again for visiting my stitching blog :)

    ReplyDelete