Friday, January 23, 2015

Wrapping Up The Week

I am going to start off my review of the controversial movie American Sniper.  The whole concept of a sniper makes one take a breath. And, whether you agree or don't agree with the wars we have fought you deserve to open your heart and mind to what is involved in being blessed to live now in the safety of your quilt rooms.  The cost both personally and globally to the choices that are made are every one's burden.  War is a tragedy and in a perfect world we could live and let live if others would live and let live in a humane manner.   A Woolie 5 star for making me look outside the security of my quilt room and realizing someone is sacrificing to protect me.


All I can say is...I only got half way through this book before I threw in the towel.  I kept trying to understand the main character but she was driving me crazy and when she said that she put a pin on the tip of stick to be able to poke her boyfriends dog because the dog took his attention away from her...I cried UNCLE.  So...I would give it a Woolie "0"...cause I couldn't even finish it.  And, if they make a movie...I am not going!!!


I have been hunting high and lo for a copy of this magazine.  I WANT it...and I can't find it!  Anne of Cottons 'n Wool suggest I take my plea public!  I have contacted several quilt shops and several have it on their web sites but are out...so, if you have hard core facts that a shop has a copy I would be so grateful...:)


Yesterday was a work day!  Tamra and I have made a commitment to try and meet every week for a work session.  Since we are both hand and wool stitchers and our group, The Juniperberries will be having a special exhibit during the 40th anniversary of the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show we decided we needed to encourage each other to keep on...keep on stitching!

Her design is absolutely adorable!


...and mine...ain't to shabby :)



The weather around here has been weird...I almost feel like flowers should be spouting and the geese will be migrating.  The boys are back and they are pushing each other around.  Another weird weather year???



Have a wonderful weekend and we'll see you back on Monday :)

14 comments:

  1. Anna I ordered my copy from Unique magazine Web site. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you both are using different background fabrics for your quilts. Can't wait to see what they look like finished.

    The British Newsagent in Edgemont Village in North Vancouver is where I'm getting mine. I'm sure if you enquires they might be able to mail you one and give you a price for postage. With our Canadian dollar dropping it may be a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After I learned that the sniper depicted in this movie had killed 150 people I decided not to go see it. That is beyond my value system...Great idea to commit to meeting with another person to keep on task with your wool projects...your exhibit will be fun to see at the show. Heading to "Stitches in Bloom" at the Oregon Gardens this weekend? I'm taking a carload of three other women...FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do enjoy good war movies, so something Bill and I would both enjoy watching together. Love the bird pieces, those look fun. I hope someone finds a copy for you, looks like I will be stuck at home tomorrow.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna,
    I got mine at B&N a couple weeks back, not sure if they still have them! Looking forward to seeing this movie, my grandson is a sniper and I am so proud of him and his desire to serve his country at such a young age. I have to keep Courage as my word again this year because it is what these service men and women have and it is such a powerful action!
    I am thankful for the clear weather with my travels to help mom move, this weekend it will be a quilty trip to Oregon Gardens!! Then it can snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also found my copy of Simply Vintage at Barnes & Noble. Wonderful words on American Sniper. It's a somber subject - how fortunate we are to be free because of those brave men and women who serve. GOD bless them all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply Vintage is on the Primitve Gatherings website. I entered it in the search bar and it came up. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barnes and Noble had it here in Palm Desert too! If you had sounded the alarm earlier I could have picked you up a copy at Quiltmania's booth at Road! Darn!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too am looking for it. We saw the movie opening night. Good movie!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have plans to get to the movies, and that is the movie I want to see. So many questions to be answered after watching the trailer... I sure wish a shop in the states would carry Simply Vintage as an auto-ship! :-) Awesome magazine, but always sells out quickly...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, Barnes & Noble is where I got mine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Barnes & Noble - I live in Redding, CA but try the Portland store. Good luck......................Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could not do a blog on American Sniper, did not think I could do it justice... A good book, much more in it than the movie of course, the movie made me just sob... so very, very sad. everyone in the military has their space and place, jobs need doing, unfortunately. His was necessary, he saved many lives. But it is sad that a person has to live with that and be put thru that. I do so love your reviews and look forward to Fridays :) AND thank you so for the purse pattern I won back in December!! You do such wonderful work and am happy when we get to share in your work progress and finishes!!

    ReplyDelete