Monday, January 19, 2015

Welcome to Paradise...

Yes, I live in Paradise...or...at least Quilter's Paradise.  I have said it before and I will say it again...there is no place like home.  And home is Central Oregon.  This area has an exceptional amount of fabulous quilt shops...in less than an hour you can see 9 quilt stores.  That is if you don't get out of the car and shop, LOL.  The other reason we are blessed is the amount of quilting teachers, long arm quilters and designers.  Which brings me to a wonderful surprise.  When I picked up the mail this past weekend my issue of Primitive Quilts had arrived!  This magazine is one of my favorites and is always filled with projects that I have to add to my list.  But, this issue inlcuded a project by one of our local quilters, Lori who also writes Humble Quilts  


I love this wall hanging!  And will be adding it to my growing list of 
"must makes!"  


I saw this pattern on Fat Quarter Shop and had to have it...well, actually it took me 2-3 looks before I ordered but I really wanted a Valentine's quilt for my entry way...the only issue is that I will not be able to make it before this Valentine's Day.  But, for sure I will have this hanging by
 Valentine's Day 2016!



Quote for the week is a must for me!  

Have a great beginning of the new week!

11 comments:

  1. I'm waiting to get this issue and see how many bloggers I know with projects in it this time. I love that they are featuring some very talented people. Congratulations to Lori on her great project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Primitive Quilts & Projects is my favorite magazine also. Lots of great projects from wonderful quilters are found there.So happy for Lori to have her sweet quilt published. Love the quote! Life is too short for anything else. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. That magazine looks great Anna... Just my cup of tea. Love the faceted look of the heart quilt you are planning. Your area really does sound like quilt heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heart patterns...sigh...always a winning design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, thanks Anna for the kudos. I'm humbled to be included with such great designers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always look forward to getting the newest issue, always something I want to make now and things to make in the future.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am drooling over all the cute patterns in PQ too! I have that heart pattern! I should pull out my scraps, but you are right~ not for this year! LOL Have a happy evening!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The same goes for me. I LoVe that magazine! I saw it on blog earlier last week & saw there was a topper for Dresden Blocks and I loved the way it was set. Since I didn't know how I was going to set them, I was thrilled to see how it was finished there. Yay! I LoVed it. Will post on my site when it's done :)
    Always a great read and so many projects to do. So much talent in one place.
    Have a great week....hugs Marg.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi again.....forgot to mention I have 9 blocks made ....just have to stitch them on to background and set up sashing and I'm good to go. Thanks for all the great projects .
    Not to mention the great price too :)
    Hugs. Marg.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OUr little Lori has gone and done it now!! AND it couldn't happen to a nice lady! This is only the beginning for this very talented quilter!! Can't wait to get my hands on my copy of PQM (which should be waiting for me at home!!)
    P

    ReplyDelete
  11. there are so many great patterns in the new issue of primitive quilts.

    ReplyDelete