Monday, January 12, 2015

Monday Monday...

I wanted to share with you a photo that Jennifer Lake took when I picked up our painting.  Considering within 24 hours I was down for the count...I don't look half bad, lol.  But, it does give you perspective on the size.  She will create your home portrait on any size canvas you would like. So it can be created for a specific location.  I can wait till the kids are able to visit Sisters and see it in person!  


Lucky for me by Saturday I felt I was out of the contagious category and was able to attend the Stitchin' Post Open House for Winter classes.  I was excited because I knew a few of the local long armers were going to be there!  Our area is an amazing vortex of quilting talent and I wanted to share a few of those individuals who help our UFO's move to the finished pile, LOL.  Even if you do not live in the area you can contact them about sending your quilt.

Introducing....

Hal Reitmier of The Finishing Touch
thefinishingtouch40@gmail.com

Mike Denton of Cascade Quilter
cascadequilter@gmail.com

Donna Richmond of Add The Right Touch
addtherighttouch@msn.com

Keith Griepentrog of Quilting Lab
QuiltingLab@aol.com

Kat Fehr of Calico Cali Designs
Kat@calicocali.com

and not pictured are...

AMC's Quilting at annette_m_caldwell@msn.com
Pieceful Quilts at cssimmons123@gmail.com
Pins 'n' Pricks Quilting at nancygeddis@gmail.com

Quote for the Week is a good one!  It is a challenge for us all!


A sweet slideshow of classes offered and some examples of longarm quilting.  Although the Stitchin' Post is doing inventory right now you can still register on line and shop on line :)

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create a free digital slideshow

5 comments:

  1. How lucky you are to be able to meet so many long a arm quilters in one place!,

    Lots of tempting classes to choose from. Have fun deciding., glad you are feelings better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better...lovely photo by the way. I see that there are some embellishing projects coming into play...something friends and I were just talking about this morning. Embroidery, beads and more handwork seem to be trending...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful painting and so fun, love those details she did with all of you. I hope you are feeling better today.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm amazed that many of the long armers are men!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING painting. Such detail.

    ReplyDelete