Thursday, January 22, 2015

Mea Culpa...bless me Father for I have sinned....

I am a horrible person!  There was a 26 semi pile up on I-84...first, no one died! Thank Goodness but ...when I saw this photo of the Fed Ex truck my first comment was..  .I hope none of my quilt orders were in that truck!  Then I grilled HH about what happens to people who have quilt orders on the truck...yes,  I need to say 10 Our Fathers and 10 Hail Marys....


Oh yeah...I hear ya...Quilt Orders...what quilt orders???  Well,  I was sick...and no one wanted to come over here to stitch for fear of catching the virus...so, I was alone...all alone in my sewing room which meant I had to contact my favorite friends...Primitive Gatherings....Fat Quarter Shop...hehehe...they always come through for me!

Turns out my packages were not on that truck and the first one arrived in pristine condition!  I now have added a project...well...a couple of projects...hummm, maybe 4 new projects.  The first to arrive was my mini kit of Anchor Point, only 24 x 24.  And I ordered a copy of Christmas Gathering just because I needed too...so there!  Don't Judge ME!!!


I just had to share this video...even though most of you have probably already seen it because it is the most popular video on You Tube this week.  This police officer knows all the words to "Shake It Off" by Taylor Swift because his 10 year old daughter plays it all the time.  It is hysterical because every time a car passes or someone waves he low keys his performance...then gets right back to it!  Enjoy!


I am finally at the point of attaching the binding to my 2013 
 As soon as I finish attaching the binding another UFO bites the dust!


What I can't figure out is this...I measured the quilt...totalled the inches...opened my app, put in the dimensions and was told what size square I need to cut my bias binding.  Then I cut it up, stitched and pressed...and this is how much binding I have left after attaching it to the quilt???!!!  I have enough for another quilt!!!  I don't know what happened...does this happen to you????


Have a great Thursday!  
I'll see you tomorrow for a wrap up of the week including 
book and movie review!

5 comments:

  1. I love that video of that police officer and wonder how he feels about its going viral? I had a grin on my face from start to end.

    Glad your PG package made it intact. Have fun making Anchor Point in memory of your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that on tv yesterday, too cute especially a guy like that, singing a song like that. Looks like you got some great new goodies and I love the quilting on your quilt, that is going to be a gorgeous quilt.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm... I'm speechless. First of all, I must join you in asking forgiveness. I thought the same thing when I saw the FedEx trucks split open on I-84. Second, I can't get Taylor Swift's Shake It Up out of my head. That was one cool dude.

    I have finally gotten untracked and started sewing again. It's been a while. I have been very distracted - searching for an Enzo. It's got to be a puppy most likely as we need an innocent young pup to accept the antics of our overactive granddaughter.

    Miss you on FB. Take care,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello...I make my bias binding like that all the time. I LoVe it. I usually have just a smudging left over....I am sure I'll run out but it always work

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be right there with you having to say a few Hail Mary's and Our Fathers. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete