Friday, January 2, 2015

Let the Party Begin!!!

A 2015 book review!  I have read books by this author before and they are amazing in the way she can totally catch you off guard.  The human experience is so complicated and she has a way of bringing you in and then surprising the pants off of you.  This one was a little different...I had no idea what this book was about when I started and about half way through I decided to read a review because I really couldn't figure out where I was going to end up...and I didn't want to end up depressed...if you know what I mean.  The book was interesting and I give it a Woolie 3.5.


The very best part of living a dual existence is that you always remain surprised by life...it never settles into the predictable.  And so I was able to enjoy this man's performance with his YoYo.



After 20 mintues I wanted to yell BRAVO from my window. 
But, I didn't want him to lose his rhythm.


Well, I am now beginning the new year with a couple of new projects...actually 3 new projects.  I decided after a trip to Fabric Depot and their sale...yes...it is THEIR fault!!!!  I would make Christmas quilts for the guest rooms.  If you make  quilts they will come....

I took a couple of photos at Fabric Depot and Holly Hills...
just to get you all excited for the 
2015 Quilting Year!!!

Have a wonderful weekend and see you back on Monday!!!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free digital slideshow created with Smilebox

9 comments:

  1. Great photos Anna, I'm always amazed at the variety of selection at Fabric Depot, last time I actually didn't buy a thing...trying to be good.

    Holly Hill looks lovely I may have to visit it again next time. Love the hohoho done with buttons.

    Can't wait to see what becomes of your purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a few yards myself so I can finish off some christmas pieces with them. Love that snowman quilt, that looks fun to make.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read or listened to many of Jody Picoult's books. Always a twist of some kind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hollyhill has amazing displays and is always lovely to visit. You are truly off and running it seems...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great week-end Anna! I am eager to see what you will do of these lovely fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really cool! I did not realize that anyone played with yo-yo's anymore! Fabric Depot looks huge! I guess if you can't find what you need there... you really don't need it? lol! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the inspiration. I always enjoy seeing what you are working on. I like the book reviews too to help me find some new books to read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am looking forward to seeing what you have planned for your Christmas fabric purchases :-D
    I really enjoyed all of the pictures . Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that pattern on your 1st slide, with the 9 patch and the triangle. Wouldn't it look great in Civil War fabrics? Did you buy that pattern?

    ReplyDelete