Monday, January 5, 2015

Blessings

I have to admit that in the past January has been my funky month of the year...no energy...a little down...it could be that Seasonal Affect Disorder is something I recognize.  But, for some reason I didn't enter January down in the dumps...even when I arrived home to an entire house of Christmas decorations that needed to be put away for another year.  I don't know about you but the "take down" is harder than the "put up."


Christmas in the city was everything I had hoped for except poor HH spent a week under the weather with a cold.  But, we made the best of it and then when we got home there was mail and packages to be opened...second Christmas!  A highlight was a gift from a dear friend.  She had texted me that she left a gift on the front porch the day we left for the city!  She said it would be ok till we got back home...well, over 2 weeks later this is what I found!!!!  OMG, she was sitting on the porch for over 2 weeks!!!  I LOVE her and as soon as HH saw it he said it looks just like me!!! LOL  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!


We missed the big snow storm that hit but there was a little remnants of it in town.


and...we had a visitor!


I decided that my contribution in trying to tip the world to the positive I would post my favorite quote for the week on Mondays.  Maybe, it will influence me and some of you for the week.


5 comments:

  1. I'm guessing that your Anna ornament was designed by Reets. Your friend did a lovely job of you.

    I like your poster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Love Love your wool selfie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wool ornie is so dang cute! A great addition to your stitching room! Love that pic of the mountains.. the cloud looks like one whispy hand reaching over to the other mountain. Simply gorgeous! I'm more ok with January than I have ever been too... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the cutest ornament, love how she made it look like you, so fun. Great quote, I am happy to be content, that is enough goal for me;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, my poor guy Bob is in AZ right now because he needs the sun this time of year. Me...I love the forests, ferns, mountains and ...yes...rain! The "Anna" girl gift is precious, what a pal your friend is. A quote of the week is a fun idea...we all need more laughter!

    ReplyDelete