Friday, January 16, 2015

Another Friday!

I think this year is going faster than last year!  I decided to clean my sewing machine...OMG...am I ever embarrased.  Everytime you make a purchase at Quiltworks in Bend, Oregon they give you a little pipe cleaner to clean out your sewing machine...they work great.  They start out looking like the one on the left...by the time I was done it looked like the one on the right.  Boy, did my machine ever need to be cleaned.  I think this is a good start to the new year :)


I did not see a movie worth sharing and I have started a new book...so no review this week.  But I am happy to say I finished 2 more Berties!  I am now ready for February...


...and March!


I wanted to share this photo with you...it is so beautiful and the story can be read on Lisa Bongean's blog post.
  

I also have so many memories of mom...sailing that I decided I needed to make the anchor quilt.  I chose the mini one and ordered the kit from Primitive Gatherings.  


Have a wonderful weekend...and remember...hug someone! :)

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely Remebrance to do for your mom. The story behind the quilt Lisa designed is heart breaking but loving.

    Another lovely tribute for your mom for you to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Atta Girl! I like to give my machine a quick brush every month or so. She's an antique from the 1960s so she needs a little TLC now and again. Still works great except for the light. I think the local just sold my hubby the generic bulb and it doesn't fit right...
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Bertie blocks and I think the valentine one is fun. I also like the anchor quilt and a nice piece to make in memory of your mom.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing a picture of samples made up from my patterns! Its always a treat to see them out and about in the world! Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gross girl!!! That workhorse machine needs more frequent attention. I bought the pattern for the Christmas Bertie and there it sits in my cupboard...perhaps next November? Love the Anchor memorial design and know that it will bring you those warm fuzzy feelings we all need. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I saw the first picture, I thought you were smoking something funny...you know to help you relax while FMQing!:o)) Love the idea of the anchor quilt...so special!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The same thing happened to me. I couldn't get my feed dogs to " come up " after I did some quilting. I called my favorite shop and Linda said to " take the plate off under the foot" WHAT !! WHERE?? HOW?? She said she wasn't too busy if I wanted to ,I could come out and she would see if she could " help" me! Mmmmmm.
    Well, I didn't even know that plate came off. How would I know? No wonder the feet wouldn't come up.....there was enough " fuzz and lint" in there to make a sock! Thanks Linda" Quilts and Calico's in Exeter, On. The business has since closed , but I will remember the great advice she gave me that day.
    Then one day I went to take a class at The Marsh Store with Shirley and she said " bring along your pipe cleaner!
    Really, we were making a "Voyager Bag" . Where was I going to use a pipe cleaner? I didn't have any so when I got there...she laughed, handed me one and showed me exactly what you did. Never did that before either. Now I just always have a pipe cleaner on hand. So maybe you don't think you need a lesson on how to out a quilt together,, I always learn something taking a class and sewing with old/new friends. Give it a try. It's a great day out....good for the soul.
    Have a great week end.hugs Marg.

    ReplyDelete