Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pondering Projects...


I have been pondering what I want to work on in 2015...I have soooo many projects in various stages of development...doesn't that sound like I have everything under control....instead of saying...I have soooo many projects which are either UFO's, WIP's,...or just plain PIGs.   I haven't formulated my plan of attack but I have decided that there is at least one NEW project I am going to jump into in 2015.  In fact I have already made the first block :)!  Last month I attended the East of the Cascade Quilt Guild meeting and I fell in love with some blocks that a fellow member made.  When I asked her about the pattern she said it came out of a Quilt Mania magazine...one of my favorite mags!

I showed it to Blogless Sandy and she was "all about it"!  So, we decided to support each other in making 4 blocks a month!


The photo doesn't do it justice...but a 100 1-inch blocks per block...well that is just down right dramatic!  To help those who are already hyperventilating...it is strip pieced :).  When we showed the rest of the Woolies...they decided to jump on board and it has become a group project.  Of course, some will make theirs with brights...or batiks...but me...I am sticking to my Civil War stash.  If you want to join us...please do and I will show off your quilts along with ours.  I figure it will take us about 8 months...no pressure!


Here is my block one tester block which took me one hour to make. ( I am already ahead of blogless Sandy, hehehe)  We will officially start in January.


I can't stop with the holiday videos...lol.

12 comments:

  1. Wow Anna, that is going to be a challenging quilt to make. Have fun with it.

    Love that rendition of Silent Night I saw it awhile ago and was intrigued by them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I have joined a KAL for 2015......taking 12 skeins of sock yarn I already own. Will have hubby put a skein each in a bag which only has a month or a number on it (without me watching).......and then it will be a mystery yarn knit along - which will hopefully motivate me into using stash yarn! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing the KAL too! Nice to know another dual-quilter!

      Delete
  3. Wow! That is going to be an awesome quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are brave, lol, but that is going to be a beautiful quilt. I need to decide on what ones to start myself.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun quilt! I'm thinking ahead to 2015 too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am tempted,to,jump,in but I better get some,other things finished instead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh man...I'm going to have to think about this one. LOVE the quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are SO ambitious! I am tired just contemplating starting the quilt you suggest... ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really great quilt! Looking forward to seeing more of this one.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's going to be a great quilt! I believe most of us should ponder...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Which issues of QuiltMania is it in? I checked the ones I have and didn't see it--might need to track down some issues!

    ReplyDelete