Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas in the City

This is an older video but still is amazing to watch...they have trained those dogs so well...and then they speed up the film which makes it look awesome!



I have been stitching little by little my Kathy Schmitz project...almost done stitching the November block...but, alas I am having way to much fun in the city.  The lights are wonderful and the bustling of the shoppers, it is all so beautifully woven between those that are down and out.  Life is a blessing for some and not for others. But, it seems this season generosity expands. As I walk around I am so happy I am not behind a wheel as irritated drivers can't resist honking at each other.  To bad car horns can honk Christmas music!  I think that will would everyone happy :)

This weeks blog spots will be sparse on the quilting side and more about the city.

The Portland City Tree is so beautiful as we walked early in the morning to have breakfast with our youngest son and his wife...the city is quiet.

On the way I ran into these guys in a store front window...all sewn out of scraps of blue jeans and then stuffed!

Several of the local bronze works were knit bombed...always a holiday tradition!


If you are traveling this week...may your journey be safe, swift and easy!

8 comments:

  1. The wonders that come from the minds of men. Great video thanks for sharing it again.

    Your photo of the Christmas Tree is lovely, perfectly reflects the season. Enjoy your time in the city and safe journey home to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video amazes me to get all of those elements together along with sheep and dogs, and pull it off, amazing. I am not a city person, but I do like the idea of seeing all of the lights and decorations, as well as no driving.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Men with a vision and the patience to execute it. Beautiful images of the city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy you didn't unplug your blog! I bet Portland is beautiful this time of the year - Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cities do have their appeal...artistic surprises being one of those qualities. Enjoying the company of family is the ultimate pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great city and wonderful Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pic of the Christmas Tree! I heard a lot of hinking at the malls last weekend.... I just shouted "Happy Holidays!!!" after each horn lol... folks just don't seem to "get it"... Christmas and everything about the season is supposed to be about peace and sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love to see the Christmas lights and decorations. I wish you a Merry Christmas and good health in the new year.

    ReplyDelete