Friday, November 21, 2014

Wrapping Up The Week

It is a good thing that I don't have issues with cabin fever and that I like the company of HH and Enzo because the roads and the weather has kept me at home for most of the week.  I did venture out to the East of the Cascade Guild...but, my neighbor drove :). And, I did go to the store but HH drove...what can I say...I am a "Driving Miss Daisy" kind of gal.  Today's blog is a mish mash of information...none of it quilt related.  That is not to say I haven't been stitching...but, I have been working on Christmas presents and so can't reveal them :)  I have been constructing Mug Rugs...soooo much fun!  

I finished Edge of Eternity and it was a perfect read...held my attention, several moments of 'NO WAY." And, the history was verifiable and intriguing.  It is the 3rd book in a Trilogy...which means you must read the first 2 books in order to fully appreciate this amazing book.


Love Thy Neighbor was a 5 Star Woolie movie!!!  Bill Murray was outstanding and this was a break out role for Melissa McCarthy.  The story was beautiful, heart breaking and uplifting...a must see movie! 


I was walking home from a neighbors house and this deer asked me, "Does My Butt Look Big?"  I didn't want to be rude and said "Well, white makes everyone look bigger."


And...yesterday HH and I went to Bi Mart and stopped at the local Subway for breakfast!  It was slippery and on our way there was a car off the road.  Luckily no one was hurt but the car was totally stuck in the snowbank.  The Subway in Sisters is owned by a local Woolie...so stop on by and support the locals!

...yesterday was a perfect evening for the first Spanish Coffees of the season. 

Overall a very nice week!  I am amazed at how fast the month is flying by...and,  you know what that means...come December the Woolie has the 12 Days of Christmas Give Away!!!  I have been saving all year for this fun event.  For those who are new to the blog I save patterns that I have made during the year and give one away each day for 12 days.  My bag is full...so there may be more than one winner on some days!  I also include a Christmas music video each day.  So stay tuned!  

Have a great weekend and see you back here on Monday!

14 comments:

  1. Love the picture of the deer Anna, how cool to have them wander the neighbourhood.

    Love the autumn leaves in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful week to me Anna! Love the photo you got of the deer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stay warm and safe..perfect weather to stay in and stitch and sew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right = white makes the butt look bigger!! LOL I am so happy to be stitching away through the snow and soon freezing rain - yuk. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so funny, love that photo. I also love getting snowed in, means I have an excuse to sit on my butt and work on projects without guilt, lol. Plus you can't clean the house since everyone will just track snow and mud in the house;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing better than staying warm and snug at home, especially with a good book and some fun sewing. I was wondering what your were reading, you had mentioned before about a very long book. Did you enjoy this trilogy? Thanks for the movie review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun reading everyone's comments regarding the weather and the coziness of staying inside and doing some stitching, both machine and handwork. Book recommendations are always appreciated...movies too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spanish Coffee - sounds intriguing. How do you make it? a photo essay maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cant believe how much snow you have. Love the dear and the shout out to one of my favorite "woolies". Miss you...enjoy thanksgiving and maybe i will see you soon. Monticello is all decked out for Christmas. I may go in there this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, both Sandi and I have tried repling to your email and it is rejected as undeliverable. hope you see this and have a great Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  10. I love your sense of humor and I love watching the deer in Sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great week you have had ! You had me laughing about the deer :-D

    ReplyDelete