Thursday, November 6, 2014

Sometimes...it's the Quiet Moments...

...that are the best.

I woke up at 0415...yes, 4:15 AM.  No rhyme, no reason...so, I got up and did some exercise on my elliptical while listening to a book on CD.  Afterwards, I went up to the sewing room and finished prepping another wool project.  I happened to look up and saw this sight out the window!!  So, I ran downstairs grabbed the camera and took a photo.  Spectacular!


It is a weird Fall in the neighborhood.  Although it is getting colder we have not really had any cold snap...and so, the Aspens are holding onto their leaves and by god...my lavender bloomed again!  Weird!  It was such a perfect Fall day that HH and I got out and started cleaning up our flower beds.  I also got some more daffodil bulbs planted.  It is the only bulb flower the deer don't care for.


After cleaning up I headed to out to stitch with the Juniperberries.  There were only 6 of us...a small group.  But sometimes a small group allows quiet moments...and, quiet moments allow conversation...and, conversation allows connection...and, connection allows support...and, support give birth to friendship...and, friendship is a quiet place where one can lay your heart.  I don't know what I would do without my quilt groups.  

Enjoy the day, hug a friend and for heaven sakes...find a quilt group!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Digital slideshow personalized with Smilebox

9 comments:

  1. Lovely view of the mountains. We were both up WAY early too...full moon? Love seeing the beautiful projects...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Anna! Who's ranting is that above my comment? Creepy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geeze did this guy get up on the wrong side of the bed...or what!!(the comment left before mine!)
    Anyway...thanks for sharing...always enjoy a day spent with the girls!! and THAT VIEW!! INCREDIBLE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have permanantly deleted the comment from a very angry sick person...thank you for the heads up. Life is too precious to waste it on garbage :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amei conhecer o seu blog, já fiquei por aqui!!!Achei maravilhoso!!!
    Visite-me:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
    Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

    Obrigada.

    Beijos Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a productive group of sip twitches, very inspiring Anna.

    Lovely sunrise photo, I woke up to blues skies this morning but the grey has returned, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I meant to type what a productive set of stitchers! Very inspiring.

    Lovely sunrise photo. I woke up to blue skies this morning but the grey has returned, sigh.

    Please delete my bizarre previous comment Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The time change has messed me up, keep waking up early. Love that view, what a beautiful thing to wake up to. My flowers are reblooming too, need to plant my lavender in the ground, so guess I need to read on how to do that.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not involved with ONE quilt group! I can't say that I have much in common with the quilters in Madras. I tried to get something going with some ladies that I knew but nobody is willing to commit to meeting and deepening friendships. I've gotten involved with a Bible study instead, its not the same..... :)

    ReplyDelete