Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Jour de Joie

It means...Joyful Day!  And why was it joyful?  I spent the day with a friend who was just starting to get a taste for wool.  I know, I know...it is kinda like being a drug pusher but instead I am a WOOL PUSHER, lol.  I just so love wool because of its texture, forgiveness and my hands look at least 5 years younger than my face!

My friend had taken a wool class but wasn't quite satisfied with the results...and so, I showed her some tricks of the trade and brought her to the dark side...I mean, the wool side :)  There is nothing more satisfying than seeing the "AH HA" moment when a student sees it...and she should know she taught Operating Room Classes for my former employer and I was one of her former students :).  And so it was a Jour de Joie....Joyful Day!

I finished stitching my Buttermilk Basin winter mat which I am making into a pillow for my church pew.  I really love how it turned out...and being the button freak I am I added a little star button on the scarf.


This mess was created to make this....


....?????


Can you guess what I am making????  I can't wait to hear what you think it will be, hehehe....

Have a great Wednesday...I am off to spend the afternoon with the Juniperberries and get some more stitching done!!!

10 comments:

  1. I like your snowman wool mat. I have been working with wool a lot lately. So enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your presents you showed yesterday. Sorry I didn't leave a comment I had to go wool shopping to the mountains..... I think you might be making a tree skirt, if we win do we get one too?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pizza pan hot pad?? Love the pillow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your wool mat. I just let my sister, take mine home, lol. Are you making a candle mat or a tree skirt? Hard to tell what size it is.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Winter pillow!! Perfect for a bench! I think you are making a snow globe...
    P

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Christmas Tree Skirt!! Love your pillow. Love Snowmen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well.. I cant really tell what size this is by the pic.. so it could be something tiny and cute like a little mug coaster... but my guess is that its either a fun new tree skirt or an festive cover for Enzos doggy bed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that! How fun to stitch with a friend!
    Is that going to be a table topper? Tree skirt for a small tree?

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the new winter mat!! It has been in my stash for quite awhile now, lol
    The first thing that popped in my mind was some wool applique on a tree skirt perhaps??

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete