Thursday, November 20, 2014

East of the Cascade Quilt Guild

I spent yesterday tacking down the binding on the Christmas table runner I had made and quilting my "log jammin'" quilt from last summers Quilters Affair class.  The roads around here have been treacherous and it just felt good to stay home and stitch.  Such a tough decision! lol.  HH and Enzo have been getting a little cabin fever so we went out to breakfast to start the day. But the Gallery is only about 5 blocks from us. It is beautiful to view the white Winter wonderland and not near as bad as the Lake Effect snow in New York.

Last night I decided to brave the elements and attend the local guild meeting.  I invited a neighbor to check it out...she just bought her first sewing machine...***insert evil laughter***there is nothing like introducing someone to the world of quilting, LOL  Surprisingly...given the condition of the roads and the freezing rain there was a nice attendance.  The meeting is held at the Stitchin' Post...such a lovely place for a meeting and only about 3 blocks from home.  Ahhhh, the benefits of living in such a small town is that you aren't going to get stuck on an Interstate.

Enjoy the slide show :)  It is another day of stitching...hummm, wonder what I am going to work on???

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize your own photo slideshow

3 comments:

  1. Is there a tutorial for those potholders? My brother did not like last year's loving hands at home gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry but you are listed as a no reply blogger so I can't email you...so I hope you catch this :) If you go to my Pinterest board and click on Quilt ~ Potholders there are tutorials listed, have fun!

      Delete
  2. Lots of great quilts and pieces. I actually have some cross stitch stockings like that, that I made in the 80's.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete