Friday, November 28, 2014

And...So It Begins

Well...I wasn't sure I would post today because I thought...everyone is out there shopping! LOL  But, then I thought I'm not.  Do you brave the crowds?  And, if so do you enjoy it?  I went out on Black Friday a couple of times but crowds scare me :)


Tamra, the wool guru at the Stitchin' Post sent me this wonderful video and I thought it would be the perfect one to start off the Christmas season!  Remember...Monday starts the 12 days of Christmas Give Away on the Woolie Blog!



Yesterday we enjoyed a quiet Thanksgiving  Day.  I have been working steadily on Snowflake Gathering from Primitive Gathering so I have nothing to show quilting related...but, I did see the Aflac Duck in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!


Then I got a Instagram post from him!

We wrapped up the day by sharing a potluck meal with neighbors...Yummm!  Have a great weekend and see you on Monday!!!

8 comments:

  1. Oh that video of Monty the Penguin was SO tenderly sweet! Children really do make the season worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I am not a "fight the crowds" type shopper either. I seem to be doing more and more on line from the comfort of my couch. I did go to a small, local Joann's this morning and picked up a few goodies for me. No crowds, no lines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way, no how, hate crowds and hate someone telling me when to shop, lol. We had a quiet day too, just my daughter so a nice meal and working on a project while I watched movies.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shopping on black Friday just sounds like torture to me. I hate shopping (unless it's quilty stuff) and hate crowds, and hate rude people! Today is a great day to stay home and sew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. there is no Black Friday shopping in our little town. Some business were closed today. I could go to Fairbanks I guess, but have never wanted to. I avoid crowds! I have done more Christmas shopping online the last few years. I am glad you had a pleasant Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't leave my house today. :) However I did just a tiny bit of online shopping - a couple of my favorite fabric shops for myself and Penneys for a couple of Christmas gifts. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't get up early to shop, but I made it to a few stores in the afternoon. Crazy traffic! How sweet that the Aflac duck waved at you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mooned by a duck! LOL Anna that video with Monty is so great - I sent it to quite a few people. Thanks for adding the smiles to my day!

    ReplyDelete