Thursday, October 16, 2014

The Quilt Crossing Boise, Idaho

It happened last night!!! our mountains got their first dusting of snow...as much as I am not ready for snow there is something so beautiful about seeing it on the mountains!


The best part of our trip home was stopping in Meridian, Idaho to visit our friend Twilene...the second best part was going quilt shopping with Twilene! LOL  The Quilt Crossing was a phenomenal shop!  As I understand they had moved to this large area...and now the shop encompassed 4 huge rooms...a class room, a sewing machine sales area, the main shop and the Quilting Studio!  They offer a wide variety of class and have several BOM going!


The real treat for me was meeting Cheryl Gunn of Waltzing With Bears!  See the Wool Garden quilt hanging behind us?  It was my very first wool project and set me on a path of addiction to wool!


The other great thing about The Quilt Crossing was the bathroom.  Click on the photo to enlarge!  Instead of a mirror...you got a nice message :)


This is another 2-3 cuppa coffee slide show...or you could wait till Happy Hour when you might want to get your credit card out, lol...Enjoy!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create your own slideshow design

10 comments:

  1. I am (almost) speechless!! WOW!! I am writing all of these shops down and will be getting the map out! Amazing shop! Thanks for a wonderful show!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwwwwww!!! What a shop ! That was so much fun ! Thanks for the tour. I really enjoyed that !! Wish that shop was close to me. But then I'd be broke ! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did Twilene get you on down the road to Quilt Expressions? Next time you visit the area plan a scenic trip up to Garden Valley to Stitch N' Snip and Caldwell for a stop at Cindy's too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does look so beautiful and as long as your area is warmer, I would love looking at the snow;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great shop I've seen in past visits along with Quilt Expressions. Love all the goodies you shared with us.

    Love the dog quilts you shared especially the one of the dog on the bicycle!

    Once again thanks for the inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool blog and I love the quilt shop with no mirror in the bathroom but a positive message :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now, that quilt shop deserves a road trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh! WOW!!! Did you spend another week here?! And are you now broke? I sure would be! Thanks for sharing! The snow on the mountains is just beautiful - great scenery for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the best show yet! I saw several items and quilts I would love to make! How much did you spend there???

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm just glad it was you there and not me! I would have wanted so many kits. Awesome show! LoVed those hexi's. Have found I really like making them!
    Sew many great ideas!
    Hugs Marg.

    ReplyDelete